Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Issue with Dogster pipes - FYI if you were thinking of ordering be wary

Started by rdsarefun, December 29, 2023, 12:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdsarefun

All, I do not take this lightly but wanted to inform the forum members if you are contemplating getting any pipes from Brazil (Dogster), they make quality products but their customer focus is lacking, especially if you have an issue after receipt of product. I will not publish any of my issues but from a business perspective, acknowledging a valid customer complaint regarding shipping damage due to poor packaging and fitment issues, resolving to the satisfaction of the consumer is not their strongpoint. As the 2 stroke world is small in regards to vendors for these bikes, I would look elsewhere for manufacturers within the states.  Don't learn the hard was as I have.  Thanks

SoCal250

75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much

svgarage

A goal without a plan is just a wish.   ~ Antoine de Saint ExupĂ©ry

pdxjim

Quote from: svgarage on December 29, 2023, 05:23:40 PMGood to know. Distance can really complicate things.

Lots of guys on the TDR page, and LC forums seem very pleased with Ohaz Performance pipes from Bulgaria.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100065083350684&mibextid=LQQJ4d

Price, quality and performance are said to be excellent.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

LMS

That sucks, but I on the other hand had zero issues with these pipes. But they also didn't come screwed up due to shipping. And I thought, hmmm if these get damaged coming from South America, I'm screwed. I like you, rolled the dice, but I got lucky. Now, I have been asked about their performance and I have no idea because I have nothing to compare them to. Can you get paypal involved?
75 RD350 bought 12/22. First motorcycle I have ever owned.

rdsarefun

I have PayPal involved at this point, Lots of "messenger questions" are used for my proof. Bottom line is that these were damaged and I had repaired at my expense, got the manufacturer involved -but had to go thru Brazilian post office which denied the claim, even though both ends of box was torn open and flanges sticking out due to improper packaging and securing. Then fitment issues on top of the damage which was rectified-again at my expense. As a business that is selling and shipping "insured" products. if damaged the appropriate thing to do would acknowledge this and make the buyer whole, not beat around the bush for nearly 3 weeks.  Only when PayPal was involved did the seller "step up" and answer questions- outcome still TBD.  Had I not gone this route would still be getting lip service.  Stay away, far away

IR8D8R

Those crossed-over Bulgarian OHAZ high pipes on the TDR look wild!

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=663423752501823.

What's that long stinger pipe going to do to performance? It looks like it's slipped over the actual stinger without a swage, so it is a larger ID pipe.

IR8D8R

pdxjim

Quote from: IR8D8R on January 02, 2024, 04:05:50 PMThose crossed-over Bulgarian OHAZ high pipes on the TDR look wild!

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=663423752501823.

What's that long stinger pipe going to do to performance? It looks like it's slipped over the actual stinger without a swage, so it is a larger ID pipe.

IR8D8R

The Ohaz (and JL as well) look to be very similar to the standard pipes.  I believe as long as it's of adequate diameter, the length of the stinger or silencer dowsnt matter much.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

rdsarefun

Update: So after 2 months, PayPal decided to side with the seller and not reimburse me for the damages that were caused by improper packaging and reimburse any costs I have incurred to correct.  The request was to send these back to the seller at my expense and then be reimbursed, amount TBD once these were back in Brazil, seems very shady.  As I was out nearly $800, was not going to spend additional to send back in the hope I would be reimbursed any amount.  I am not one for scorched earth, but at this juncture will advise anyone contemplating on buying from Rafael to beware and avoid them like the plague.  This lack of judgement on his part will definitely impact his business model if I can assist with that. Please feel free to reach out, many other reputable vendors out there.

dgorms

rz,r5,ds7,srx,fzr400rr,vfr,cl77,s90, F-7,CL 77, CA-77,ad infinitum

rodneya

No evidence other than your word, and both the shipping co and paypal ruled against you seems a but sus.

You cant buy a significantly cheaper product from what is most likely a one man show in a foreign country and expect the same customer service from a large US based company charging top dollar.
Just my opinion.

rdsarefun

Yea, you need to understand how a dispute works in PayPal, let me explain.  When you get to a point of returning a product to resolve, PayPal "prepopulates" drop down boxes with shipping methods and asks for tracking numbers, this cannot be overridden and must be completed, or else the case is closed.  It was a loophole as seller settled with Brazilian post office on claim and was paid out, did not forward this to me, wanted the items back at my expense and then once received, payout would be determined thru PayPal.  Pretty shady to me at further out of pocket costs with no product at end.  When I put this in the notes that I was not going to ship back, just wanted resolved with photos and messenger proof of damage that I would be paid, these were ignored as system was only looking for receipt of returned product. Regardless, case closed and my loss and end of rant, just looking out for members of this forum to not go thru what I did.

Thanks

Milan

I have had people send me stuff, that I never got.
Then all of a sudden they come up with a USPS tracking number showing delivered to my city And put in PayPal

But USPS does not put the exact address on the tracking.
I had to go to the post office & speak with them to get a printout of exactly what address it was delivered too.
Copied paypal and then got my funds back.

If you wanted to be evil, You could have sent back a letter to sellers address, with USPS tracking then submit to Paypal