Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

FPP small can repair, upgrade on mounting

Started by m in sc, January 24, 2024, 08:47:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

I appreciate it. but i already have these modded up. are they the small bodied ones or the later large bodied ones? if smaller, may be interested.

2steve

Quote from: m in sc on January 25, 2024, 01:03:43 PMnope not yet.. might not.. but will try. torch and a mandrel and a light hammer

PO of my FPPs dropped his Daytona off the lift and dented the can with the axle/nut.
He took a large socket that fit in there pretty close and hammered it through. Came out satisfactory. There's a little bulge where it wandered a little sideways.

RustyRD

m in sc

m in sc

have a few sets of these on the way, impossible to find so i reproduced them on the computer. yeah, they are actually supposed to look that janky on the font. lol.

:devil:

Kawtriplefreak

m in sc

pipes are cleaned up and painted as well. a few dings down low where you really cant see them don't bother me so i just left them.

luckily the rust was all surface and really didn't pit the metal.

sand paper 1st (150 git on emery cloth type paper, light), then wire wheel on a drill and then laquer thinner. literally took 45 mins to do both, maybe.

cans cleaned up waiting for final cleanup and then clearcoat.

cold days and rainy days make for productive garage time.   :clint:  :toot:

85RZwade

cold days and rainy days make for productive garage time.  :clint:  :toot:

Oh! I'd better get off my dead ass and get out to the garage, then! Thanks for the reminder, and the FPPs look great  :thumbs:
I post waayyy too much

m in sc

and done. (except the can decals)

Kawtriplefreak

kpke

https://www.youtube.com/c/KensGarage1
Hord of RZ350's
RZV500 R6 Suspension and Bodywork
R1 LE #158

mixedbikes

That is such a well done, nice clean bike !! That may be the next one I do, as I have that bikes twin sitting in my shed (sadly for like the last 10 years or so) I even have a set of FPP pipes hanging in shed, but they look like they were thrown off a cliff, not sure if I can bring them back.

m in sc

I appreciate that.  :gentleman:

from this morning.  raining today but did take it out last night, needed to raise the rev limiter a bit.

RDryan

Looks and sounds good. :thumbs:

Oh yeah is that the bike you considered selling this past August?...I have to say I like the R5 better than the RD's. Just the styling, aesthetics of the meters,tank,cases, gas cap. I wouldn't know the difference in gears or performance. They're all pretty rare where I live which is a bummer for me. I wish I had more like minded folks locally. Then I'd probably have a small fleet of RD's myself. 

m in sc

yup. thats the one.  thanks!

its an rd motor, its had an rd lower end w a 6 speed for the past 15 yrs, and i added the reeded top end last year. also, w the disc front end, its virtually otherwise mechanically identical to an rd350. I agree, they are prettier.. to the point both my actual rd's don't have remotely stock bodywork. But the 2 r5s have stock paint/bodywork.