Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

1985 Yamaha RZ350 Red/White/Blue Kenny Roberts Edition

Started by skyline, January 31, 2024, 03:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kawtriplefreak

I should have a cable for the EPA carbs. If I do I will be willing to swap you even for the cable for individual carbs as that is what I am running on both of my RZs. Or if you are interested in a pair of Canadian individual stock 26MM RZ carbs that you can use instead with the cables you have clean and ready to bolt on they will be $200 plus shipping. I have developed a hatred for the stock 48H EPA bridged carbs that knows no bounds because of how hateful they are to work on.

skyline

Quote from: Kawtriplefreak on February 05, 2024, 09:55:45 PMI should have a cable for the EPA carbs. If I do I will be willing to swap you even for the cable for individual carbs as that is what I am running on both of my RZs. Or if you are interested in a pair of Canadian individual stock 26MM RZ carbs that you can use instead with the cables you have clean and ready to bolt on they will be $200 plus shipping. I have developed a hatred for the stock 48H EPA bridged carbs that knows no bounds because of how hateful they are to work on.

Great! Let's shoot for swap but if you don't find them we can think of those Canadian carbs.

Kawtriplefreak

kpke

If somehow Tim does not end up with that cable I will take it. Hope it all works out!!!
https://www.youtube.com/c/KensGarage1
Hord of RZ350's
RZV500 R6 Suspension and Bodywork
R1 LE #158

skyline

Quote from: kpke on February 06, 2024, 09:36:07 AMIf somehow Tim does not end up with that cable I will take it. Hope it all works out!!!

Noted.

Kawtriplefreak

I have the cable. Will contact with pictures and address via PM.

Kawtriplefreak

skyline

Few updates ...

85RZwade - Thanks for the tip on tractor parts. Over the weekend I ended up at the Big R and Tractor Supply but wasn't lucky enough.
The measurements on the pin required are - 3/16 x 2 1/2 inches (in case anyone is looking for it). I got'em on Ebay.

I decided to retain the stock push/pull (throttle & pump) cable for now that is. Tim was kind enough to sell me a set, they should be here this week. Highly appreciated.
I'll keep the Canadian RZ/LC cable (1-into-3 type) since in talking with Tim, I learnt that for bigger carbs I'll need it. Plan down the lane is to eventually get the Keihin PWK 28mm or flat-side  Mikuni TM28 perhaps.

I still need to figure out the 'black wire' in the wiring loom (inputs?) but the battery is out of stock near me. I'm leaning away from the Yuasa conventional acid type and looking for an acid-free.
Any recommendations, please?

And finally, the motor is about done. It's been delayed due to some inclement weather plus other projects Ron's working on simultaneously. I'm thinking a week from now before I get my hands on it.
Some pics from his workbench ...

SoCal250

For a battery I would recommend looking into MotoBatt. I have them in a few of my bikes. I prefer AGM over conventional acid filled and lithium.
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

dgorms

Hmm, I usually soak my clutch plates before installation.
rz,r5,ds7,srx,fzr400rr,vfr,cl77,s90, F-7,CL 77, CA-77,ad infinitum

skyline

Quote from: dgorms on February 12, 2024, 08:39:23 PMHmm, I usually soak my clutch plates before installation.

Never heard of this, I'll inquire with him when I get to his shop next time.

SoCal250

75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

skyline

Ok, so I got the motor back and also got the MotoBatt battery. I did check on soaking clutch plates and was told that it's on new plates not on older ones which I got.

I need help on the carbs which seem to have been plugged for premix. I cannot locate the oil lines going into the carbs. Can someone tell if these are the oil injection connectors? Picture attached for review.

Thanks in advance!

Evans Ward

^ Yes, that's the port on the carb for the oil injection line. Looks like you'll need to replace/ repair that damaged and short brass carb nipple. Your other carb will have a similar port.
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

kpke

https://www.youtube.com/c/KensGarage1
Hord of RZ350's
RZV500 R6 Suspension and Bodywork
R1 LE #158