Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

I need a Taco board

Started by 85RZwade, February 12, 2024, 08:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

85RZwade

I have a first generation Tacoma ('04) and I would like to find a good forum; any recommendations?
I post waayyy too much

747drvr

tacomaworld.com
everything you need to know. the website normally knows about stuff before toyota does!! :olaf:  :olaf:

85RZwade

Thank you; I've begun searching that site
I post waayyy too much

747drvr

hopefully you found what you needed on the tacoma world website !?!?!?!o

85RZwade

:umm: not yet, but I'm looking. I have a weird interior light issue that I'd like to solve: half of my instrument lights (the right half, behind the speedometer) work intermittently...like not for months, then they come back on for an hour. Or a week. Or a couple of months. My ex wouldn't drive it at night, even when I explained that 2500 RPM was equal to 70 MPH  :Clown:
Then the dome light joined the fun: it works if the ignition is on AND at least one map light is on, and you know how dome lights often stay on for 20 seconds or so after you get out and close the door? Mine doesn't, but it winks on for just a moment after that 20 seconds!
I think it's all due to a wonky ground connection somewhere, but I want to check with a hive mind before I lie on the floorboard under the dashboard. Neither of which, of course, is actually a board anymore.
I post waayyy too much

747drvr

do you by chance have a rusty frame issue? very common with Tacoma's in salty environment or where they salt the roads in winter. causes all kind of ground issues and electrical gremlins!!  :bang:  :bang: 

85RZwade

Despite living in the Pacific Northwet, I don't think the frame is particularly rusty. Probably going to have to crawl around under the truck looking for ground connections  :sad:  :sad:
I post waayyy too much