Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Street Legal TZ750 on FB

Started by Yamanatic, March 14, 2024, 10:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yamanatic

The Facebook as has been deleted; the bike is gong on BaT. I'll put the link in soon as it goes live.

Thanks!
Warren
Of Course It's Gonna Make Some Noise - There's GAS Exploding In There!

m in sc

you bought marks bike? nifty. GLWS

Yamanatic

Hey M,

That bike has lots of miles on it, but only a few with the wheels actually on the ground!

I bought it in 'kit' form abut 9 years ago, and gave the motor a complete race-rebuild with all the go-fast goodies I had for the TZ750's.

Then about a year ago, I sold it to Mark still in partial basket-case form (him and I are severe 'beast' addicts) because after a nasty back surgery and a partially paralyzed lower leg, I simply could not wrestle this thing back into a whole bike again, but he had ideas, and did a very nice job completing the project.

After Deals Gap, he mentioned he might sell it so I asked for first refusal; he decided to sell, and I didn't want to let it go away, so I bought it back. I wanted to ride it at least once on the street, but the Yamagods had other ideas - I couldn't get it started and even with the new more upright riding posture, I couldn't even assume the position necessary to ride. So I'm reluctantly sending it down the road.

Instead (I just can't stop fixin') I just started restoring my 1955 Yamaha YA-1 Akatombo 125cc single. It's light, simple, and I can pick up the motor without any pain! Also it is truly Yamaha's 1st race bike (won the Mt. Figi race in Japan on one in 1955), besides being their first model. Interestingly the production tag on the neck shows a manufacture date of August 1955 - the Yamaha corporation was formed in July 1955.

Warren
Of Course It's Gonna Make Some Noise - There's GAS Exploding In There!

m in sc

sweet! I had a few conversations about that bike last year. was def a treat to see it. and he had a hell of a time starting it when the cameras turned on? rest of the time, no issues. so, i blame cycledrag.   :dawg: