News:

Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

The NS250R Resurrection - Sale / Auction Time Approaches!

Started by Yamanatic, March 23, 2024, 03:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yamanatic

Hi All,
Since I'm not quite finished and don't really know what I should put down for a price, I'm posting my pre-sale maybe auction bike here, so here's the latest:

Th[s bike is so white, it's hard to photograph.
It runs well, everything works, it is almost all stock, and has reasonably low mileage. The body work was kinda' beat (it had been crashed and fixed before), but the damage was light and mostly to the plastic; repairs are all reinforced fiberglass and typical. Paint job is decent but nothing stellar - race quality or better. Graphics are Vinyl decals and can be removed if the buyer wants something different.

Carbs have been cleaned - it recently came out of long-trm storage so needed attention. The petcock was missing and an exact replacement was not available, so a new near-match was installed. New fuel lines, new battery, and new ignition switch. The gas cap is off because it needs a key; a replacement cap is on the way (used, but good). The air filter has been re-foamed with green UNI-filter material. The left silencer has been replaced with a DG Performance Type II brushed aluminum can, and an original silencer will be included - the DG and stock have very similar notes. And yes, the fuel pump has been eliminated. Tires have good tread but are old and show sidewall checking.

Clean AZ title and registration in my name. Not trying to retire off the sale (I already am), it's still up in the air how to sell it - being a gray bike might warrant a wider audience than CraigsList. With zero comps it's tough to tag an amount on it; Bring a Trailer or Iconic Motorbike Auctions might be the best way to sell unless a reasonable offer happens first. It will be sold this Spring no matter what as I already have another street bike - no, it's not a diesel. The NS would make a good rider as is, could be converted to a track bike, or restored to 'collector' condition; it is mostly original with no signs of track use. A red seat with no passenger strap will also be included.

Drop me a PM,
Warren
Of Course It's Gonna Make Some Noise - There's GAS Exploding In There!

BlueR32

@yamanatic I saw your post over on WERA forum. That's a smokin' (pun intended) deal for someone. If you don't get any decent bites I would recommend BaT. I sold my 1996 RGV250SP on BaT a couple of months back. A much more informed audience than the time-wasters/tire-kickers you can come across on eBay/CL. GLWS  :olaf:

Yamanatic

Thanks for the message!
BaT is a good idea - I've also had good luck there. I wanted to wait until it turns to Spring before putting it up for auction - hard to be enthusiastic about riding when driving a snow shovel... 

Warren

prane

I hope this isn't a stupid question. Have you performed a leak down test on her?

Yamanatic

No Leak-down test. Easy to tell if there is a problem by the way it runs - if there is no telltale issue(s) and it runs great (no plug fowling, no excessive smoking on one side or the other, smooth idle, good linear throttle response through the RPM gauge with no bogging) I don't go hunting.

A bad center seal (which is the most likely to suspect on the NS) usually manifests in overall performance problems and is obvious. This is a low mileage motor '19K km / 12K miles' that has only seen street use and runs as expected.

If a potential buyer wants to run any checks on the motor before buying, or have it inspected by a shop, I would be glad to help and welcome any prechecks. If the crank seal(s) are bad and fail immediately (withing a few days or a few miles) due to age or sitting, and can be verified, I'd just give the buyer their money back; only if returned in the same physical condition as sold.

Warren