Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Elsinore snail pipe ID?

Started by irk_miller, March 23, 2024, 04:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irk_miller

I'm building a 1975 Honda MR175 Elsinore of which I am the third owner.  I'm friends with the second owner who bought it from the son of the first owner.  The son estimates that his dad bought the pipe for the bike in 1976 or within the first two years of owning it. The pipe gives it incredible bottom end and turns it into a wheelie machine.  I just did a 050 bore, and I may go to a 30 or 32mm Mikuni, so we'll see how it's different. The son didn't have any information on the manufacturer, so I'm just throwing it out there to see if anyone else in here has seen one or might know who made it.  Eagle, or double eagle, Maverick names were thrown out there, but those seem like Harley names.

2 Smoker

not sure about the exhaust pipe and have never seen one in that design before, maybe custom fabbed and if not I would think that they would have been popular and seen on bikes more often. Cool looking design for the application. How is the Vape working out for you, I am wanting to purchase one for my DT 175.

irk_miller

Quote from: 2 Smoker on March 24, 2024, 12:35:28 PMnot sure about the exhaust pipe and have never seen one in that design before, maybe custom fabbed and if not I would think that they would have been popular and seen on bikes more often. Cool looking design for the application. How is the Vape working out for you, I am wanting to purchase one for my DT 175.
I fired it up for the first time today. I like the Vape a lot.  I put one on my RD, as well.  It's a super easy and instant 12v conversion and it smooths the lights when running without a battery. For years, the CR125 CDI ignition was the swap, but those are mostly unobtainium anymore. 

2 Smoker

I am going to make the plunge, Dts points location are not easy access to gap and set without a metor. where did you purchase your VAP from.

irk_miller

Quote from: 2 Smoker on March 25, 2024, 07:53:13 AMI am going to make the plunge, Dts points location are not easy access to gap and set without a metor. where did you purchase your VAP from.
RE-MX. Type DT250 in the search bar and the Vape listing will show up.  I'll be buying one for a DT250 engine I have, as well.

teazer

A client of mine bought his Vape directly from Europe for a GT500 PEI system, but the kit was incorrect and they could not work out how to fix the spacing issue.  I contacted Dan at RE-MX and half expected him to tell me to piss off as he didn't sell the unit, but he was extremely helpful and solved the issue and sent me the necessary parts at no cost.

I would strongly recommend buying Vape products from RE-MX.  He knows what he is talking about and goes above and beyond the call to make it right. I will not buy directly from VAPE again or other suppliers. Re-MX is the place to go.