Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

LA drivers

Started by gargantua350, April 15, 2024, 10:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gargantua350

I was taking the RD up Hacienda road in the heights area and this kid in a WRX turbo braked suddenly in front of me and had no brake lights.  I swerved out of the way but then he decided to get in my lane.  So I swerved again and managed to dodge his car.  This all happened within a few seconds.  I think he didn't see me and didn't even look to see if that lane was clear.  It almost seems he wanted to ram into me.

I usually take my bike out in the early morning to avoid drivers and traffic but around 11am there's tons of cars on the road where I live. 

I rode home put the bike in the garage and layed on the couch and contemplated of what might have been or could have happened. Sorry to rant about this guys but be careful out there.

soonerbillz

It's not just LA and not just the 4 wheel drivers.
Yesterday me and a freind pulled up to a stop sign.I was on my vintage Honda CB400F and he on his CB750F. We were preparing to go through the intersection straight.  We started off and immediately had to hit the brakes as a moron on a newer sport bike who I guess didn't like stopping at intersections came up from behind us and around us on our left and turned to the right, in front of us cutting us off just as we started moving. I came very close to hitting him.
I yelled at him calling something and the moron returned the the favor with a middle finger salute.

SoCal250

Don't get me started on the ass-hat drivers around here. I've seen it all. I used to commute from OC to the LAX area daily on the bike and sometimes car -- a 70-mile roundtrip on the 405. People do everything behind the wheel except pay attention to the road; cellphones, putting on make-up, laptops, reading a book, smoking pot, and even a lone occupant of a Tesla sleeping while doing about 50mph in the #1 lane. Tailgating, no signals, abrupt multiple lane changes without warning, etc., etc., ...
The way to survive: Ride with your head on a swivel and anticipate that every driver will do the dumbest maneuver possible, and assume they're all out there trying to kill you. :twocents:
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

m in sc

watched a guy in a car blow right thru a 4 way stop-sign intersection today in semi-rural south carolina. I was on the CB1100.. they are everywhere.  Ive driven in LA, fuck that in anything aside from like a Killdozer or similar.

STLMike

I've driven in LA, NYC, Chicago which are terrible. Every summer I drive from St. Louis to Hilton Head, SC and go through Atlanta GA. If you ride a bike there, you've got balls of steel! I don't even feel safe in a car.

2 Smoker

automan

My mindset while riding is to ride offensively.
Like a race, everyone is also in your race, regardless of class.

Drive defensively and die.
Ride offensively and live with gusto!
cliff

TPR5

Damm dude , glad it wasn't worse ...

LMS

Whether in a car or on your bike, if you are waiting for the light to turn red, first one in line, here in Chicago drivers will pull up on the right-hand side where there is no lane and race you to get a head of you. And this is in intersections. It's insane, I mean really, just to get ahead of one car/bike? Now I have had some pretty fast cars, will not do it on my bike, but there were times that there was no way I was going to allow this to happen. This causes the driver to slam on their brakes because if they don't, they will rear end the park cars as they try to cut back in front of you. Call me an a-hole, don't care.
75 RD350 bought 12/22. First motorcycle I have ever owned.

1976RD400C

Not with my bike but while driving my car, THE TAILGATING, OMG THE TAILGATING.
'76 RD400 green  '76 RD400 red   '84 RZ350