Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Suzuki Titan T500

Started by biggraham, March 18, 2021, 06:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggraham

Whilst juggling front wheel/end options for my RD, I scooped up a decent xs650 front end for  $100! Thinking I was gonna ditch the fender and wheel, I stopped by the newly opened Mom and Pop M/C shop, to see if he wanted them. (He's working on my body's 500 triple)
We got to chatting and low and behold:

biggraham

Not my beer.
I spy clip ons tho, wonder if it/she has any other upgrades. no title, but BOS should be fine.
I do have a tank and seat not doing anything:

biggraham

The titan was a steal at $500, the 19" spoked wheel will work, and w a Ducati caliper, she'll stop way faster than the drum. I can prob get some $ for the front end, chrome etc, so that'll help keep costs low. Im stoked it'll have spokes and non standard bodywork, kinda the opposite of my RD.
Any thoughts/advice greatly appreciated. Bike should be delivered ths Saturday! :whoop:

biggraham

Just got here:

biggraham

Rough mock-up:

85RZwade

Not wasting any time! Go, man, that's a great project you have.
I post waayyy too much

biggraham

Thanks, she coughs pretty well, I think she'll start w some love!

m in sc

biggraham

Looks faster without the rear fender:

teazer

Google Crooks Suzuki T500 to see what Crooks (the dealer) came up with for production races back in the day.

That thing could look awesome without going full on TR500 (XR05) replica.

biggraham

This will be a loaner bike, and built on the cheap. I do have a old Ducati seat somewhere, may look decent w that tank...

m in sc

make sure its running 1st before you get too deep.  like said, crank rebuilds are pricey. nice part is pistons are dirt cheap.

biggraham

Sage advice, will do, thanks. Right now it's still a $500 gamble, but I could easily part it for more, tho that's not my speed/jam.

m in sc

its worth it to fix, i love mine.

however, i gambled on the inner crank seals and it bit me a year later.  that's all i'm saying.  Luckily, i build my own cranks so wasn't too bad.

IMHO, the -best- way to describe a T500 is its dead in between of a SOHC CB750 and a stock RD400.  Suzukis answer to the Nortons of the era. .02