News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

RD350 Board Tracker

Started by nojoke2stroke, July 04, 2019, 11:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

ive seen bleed pipes before, acually a company named 'torque banke' (i think) used to make a set for rds. are those modified something else pipes or did you make them from scratch. ive always wanted to make a set.

nojoke2stroke

Quote from: 27 Cycles on July 09, 2019, 02:38:35 PM
Awesome!  So glad you finished it, it looks absolutely amazing!!

Thank you, Danny!  I appreciate all your help and partnership on the frame.  I am thrilled with the outcome and couldn't have done it without you!

nojoke2stroke

Quote from: m in sc on July 09, 2019, 04:47:37 PM
ive seen bleed pipes before, acually a company named 'torque banke' (i think) used to make a set for rds. are those modified something else pipes or did you make them from scratch. ive always wanted to make a set.

I picked these up from John at RD's Only.  He has been so helpful in all my builds.  Such a great guy to have just down the road. 

John had never run these, but they are either from or part of Bill Smith's bikes raced in the early 80's.  Here is a link with a few of the bikes running the side bleed pipes... http://dkg-cnc.com/tzpix.html 

I am led to believe the design originated out of Germany.  The modern designs definitely have better performance, but I wanted to try them out and felt they fit the design principles of this build.  I had to modify the frame mounts and rebuild the side bleed silencers with new baffles, packing, and end caps. 

The power comes on really early... like 3-4k and sign off early as well.  Perform really well for my application.

oxford

I remember this build from the old board.  It's not all my cup of tea but you did a great job on it.

I always wondered what you were going to do for pipes and I think those fit perfectly with the bike.