Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

What did you do to your 2T today?

Started by pdxjim, July 07, 2019, 02:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kawtriplefreak

I moved the RD off of the lift so I could work on my pressure washer. Then I put it back. Hay season is almost upon us so my riding time is limited.

RDFL

rd400canuck

I put these brake leds in the back.. they are friggin bright and work awesome. I tried other leds before and they were all too dim.. not these ones.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01LL0SM48/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And this is what Ive been running in the front. Its bright and has been working great since i put it in a month ago.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07MBN28VW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

NoRiders

I let my sprayer mate take the tank & bodywork away on the Suzonda.... 8)

m in sc

rebuilt the oil pump on barney (70 r5).  havent rebuilt one in years, went well. def had some sludge in there but good to go. then rode over to angies, ate dinner, then came home ont he hwy at a sustained 85. no kaboom, i call it good.  :cheerleader:

85RZwade

Received a new pair of manifolds (K&L) for my RZ. Can you believe the shoddy originals are cracking after just 35 years?
I post waayyy too much

rodneya

Got these in the mail. Now I need a cable and correct metering rods

Dvsrd

Finally had enough of the ridiculously stiff shifting of my rearset arrangement (LSL peg and shifter,   Tarozzi knuckle) Just took an old XT 250 shifter, cut it, straightened it, drilled&tapped it M6.
Old knuckle was 42 mm c-c, the new one is 70 mm. LSL shifter has a 55 mm arm, and is around 140 mm long  The new knuckle should result in pretty much the same feel & leverage as a stock shifter, which is 180 mm long, IIRC. Just did a quick test ride, despite rain and low temps. Success :)
This quick fix also confirmed that longer knuckles are preferable, for several reasons.

rodneya

Actually started building my new motor. RZ trans and 4 mil crank all buttoned up and shiny new modified Wisecos in place.

rodneya

Put on matching rear wheel. Thanks RZWade for the hub.
Took a bit of grinding to fit the 130 rear tire into the swingarm

85RZwade

That hub looks so much happier in its new home! Great job, and fast work  :thumbs:
I post waayyy too much

rodneya

Quote from: 85RZwade on June 23, 2020, 12:21:13 AM
That hub looks so much happier in its new home! Great job, and fast work  :thumbs:

Took me a lot longer than Id like to admit to get it laced. I could have taken it to a shop, but Id rather have the satisfaction of doing it myself, even if it is not always 100% perfect.

NYSingh

Bolted up these cheapy Amazon GXSR rearsets and hooked up a cheapy Amazon rear master cylinder.  They work fine for now, but let's see how they hold up in the long run.

1976 RD400C (SpecII pipes, K&N Y-boot, Dave F Mod, Team Scream Racing Stage-1 Porting)
Moto Guzzi V7III

85RZwade

Received and unboxed a nice set of pipes for my Elsie-based project. I rode to work today...how will I get 'em home?
I post waayyy too much

85RZwade

And I did it again. Bought another set of pipes on eBay that are, as yet, unidentified. Fell in love with the look of them, made an offer which was accepted and my goose was cooked!
I post waayyy too much