This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

What did you do to your 2T today?

Started by pdxjim, July 07, 2019, 02:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Czakky

Quote from: paul1478 on July 19, 2020, 01:01:33 PM
what did I do to my 2 stroke, I RODE It! first time since Dec 03 (excluding a 25 miles trip when I melted a piston)

How did that happen?

Btw your bike looks awesome

Organicjedi

Quote from: paul1478 on July 19, 2020, 01:01:33 PM
what did I do to my 2 stroke, I RODE It! first time since Dec 03 (excluding a 25 miles trip when I melted a piston)

The first problem free ride is great.

You've got that thing looking sweet! I remember a couple of posts on FB from you when you first came across two RD400s and you were wondering what to do with them.

85RZwade

:agree: great graphics, and your front disc looks ferocious! Very nicely done.
I post waayyy too much

NoRiders

I pushed the Suzonda outside.....to get a better look at it. Nearly ready for a test ride.

m in sc

85RZwade

So cool, Colin! That bike has turned out so well...you're a hand grip away from being done! Anxious to hear the first ride report.
I post waayyy too much

NoRiders

Quote from: 85RZwade on July 20, 2020, 04:03:46 PM
So cool, Colin! That bike has turned out so well...you're a hand grip away from being done! Anxious to hear the first ride report.

Yeah, a bloody hand grip haha. I knew there was something?? :)

Kawtriplefreak

Congratulations. It really did turn out nice.

patastinky

Completed my first carburetor rebuild.  :celebrate:
1975 RD350 (under construction)

so-cal-sdr200

Got a wild hair up my butt, pulled the '98 GasGas EC250SM out of the back of the garage.
Started to fix the leaky front forks, and before I knew it.....

Looks like I'm going to be doing a complete suspension maint. Change all the fluids
and lube all the linkage bearings.

Good thing as the air filter turned to crumbs as soon as I touched it. Carb is all gum'd up too.

Edit: Aug/12/20
Finished with the quick resto. It was a lot more work than I thought. Rebuilt the F/R suspension.
Linkage bearings. Front brakes were soaked in fork fluid. Rear brake hose and reservoir were
clogged up solid. Had a custom rear brake hose made by a local shop.
Water pump seals failed, now fixed.  Replaced all the fluids. etc....
Time to ride  :vroom:

jradnich

Today I pulled the RM500 engine out of my 72 TS250, along with the new harness, led lighting etc. and put the 250 engine and associated parts back in. Then I got to ride it :celebrate:.

The RM might eventually go back in if I can find a kick shaft that is longer then stock. I broke a couple of bones in my right foot several years ago and I limp for 3 days after kicking it over a few times. I figure a inch or so longer might give me enough leverage. Now I know why the old kick start Harleys had those bicycle pedal looking things on the kick starter.

Dvsrd

All I did was swapping the rear brake plate/ shoe assembly with an other one which I previously had fitted a brake cablebracket to.

rodneya

My 73 is still in pieces, so I put the stock pipes and center stand back on my 74, took a guess at jetting changes and took her out for a ride.
Stock pipes sounds weird after chambers, but soo nice and smooth with more low down power that makes it great for driving in traffic.
I was thinking of selling her, but now I may just respray the spare tins I have and shine her up a bit.

pidjones

Prepped the truck and trailer for a trip from Clinton, TN to Columbus, OH to get my next project and my first 2 stroke since '79. That was when I sold the '76 RD400 that I had bought new. Finally found one to restore. Not fully a basketcase, but in pretty sad shape. Over the past seven years I've been rescuing old GoldWings (and one CB750F) fairly successfully, but I'm certain that I will need knowledge from those who have traveled these paths before.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

Czakky

You got work cut out for you there. What's the plan? Keep it stock?