Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

What did you do to your 2T today?

Started by pdxjim, July 07, 2019, 02:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

Trying to print a tailight for the lc to fit the aeremacchi tail.

paul1478

I have managed to F my neck up so I cannot lean my head back and my left arm hurts when I hold it out so riding my RD with club bars was out. I could not make it to the end of the block. It has been 5 weeks now so I had to take action. I ordered new bars from EC. I can now ride with only a little pain. I am not a fan of these bars at all. I dont like how it feels. More like riding a dirt bike but hay, I am riding it at lest...
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

m in sc

id like to suggest stock rz bars.  i have wide bars like that on  the t500 and the naked concours. def better for bigger bikes IMHO

sorry about your neck, that blows.

paul1478

Thanks Mark, should have asked. There is something about the club bars that make me feel more part of the bike.
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

RDFL

m in sc

Paul, that probably comes from your nuts being smashed into the tank and seat.  :dawg: 

I had a set of these on the ducati. flat out best adjustable clipons, ever. smallest they make is 35mm but a .020 sheet of shim stock will put them spot on on an rd w 34mm forks. use brass shim to go with your gold theme maybe.  :toot: I can not recommend these enough if you decide to go clipon.

https://www.apexmfg.com/all-products/apex-clip-ons/apex-3-riser-clip-on-set

1976RD400C

You could saw the ends off some and make them narrower.
'76 RD400 green  '76 RD400 red   '84 RZ350

pdxjim

Quote from: 1976RD400C on September 30, 2020, 05:34:54 PM
You could saw the ends off some and make them narrower.

I agree.  I always push the levers and switchgear inboard as far as they will go without fouling on anything, then use the grips to measure and chop em off.

Plumbing tubing cutter ias the way to go.  Nice square cut with no burrs.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

paul1478

Mark,
the idea of the clip on intrigues me. I wonder if a rubber "bushing" can be located instead of metal shims. may reduce the vibrations a little.
I just went for a nice ride with the new bars. I can not 100% sure but the club bars may be about 80 lbs heaver because the front wheel sure seems a LOT lighter now. Power wheelies were fun. Now they are scary.
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

m in sc

just fit bar weights, so do not use rubberized shims. i had these on a 1000cc aircooled ducati. lets talk about vibes...    :dance: with bar weights they were fine.

patastinky

pulled it out of the garage, decided I'll start hooking up the tubes :) i'd like to get this running by next year
1975 RD350 (under construction)

85RZwade

Ordered reed spacers and extra reed gaskets this morning, FZR1000 clutch plates earlier this week  :dance:
I post waayyy too much

pdxjim

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

85RZwade

That is some cool technology! My dad told me, when I moved to Western Washington, if you won't ride in the rain you won't ride! Good on ya for getting out there and gettin' it done  :thumbs:
I post waayyy too much

85RZwade

More late-night shopping: Moose manifolds for bigger carbs and replacement fuel valve (two outlets) coming from HVC Cycle. Spending it like I have it!
I post waayyy too much