Previous topic - Next topic

AAAltered

1971 R5
1976 RD200
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special

pdxjim

Quote from: pdxjim on August 02, 2019, 03:35:20 AM
Nothing!

But, I did prep a borrowed Honda 919 for our yearly Gold Rush Ride out to eastern Oregon.

Lots of deferred maintenance on this old klunker, so I ... adjusted and lubed the chain, adjusted the clutch, pumped up the tires to 30/32, installed a Battery Tender dongle and handlebar bag (fanny pack) so I can charge my phone and listen to tunes while I ride, installed my Mosko Moto DS saddlebags ... etc.

While doing all this, I noticed the clutch cable is frayed and down to only a few strands at the lever.  I'll call around for a new cable tomorrow, but of course it's doubtful anyone will have one in stock.

I'll probably chance it.  Only about 750 miles an most of it is 2 lane highway.  Only time I gotta use the clutch is starting and stopping  :whistle:

Lol!  Clutch cable broke about three miles from town on the way out there and I managed to limp it into town with vice grips and cable ties.  The only tools I brought!

I'll post a pic of the repair in a bit
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Kawtriplefreak

Covered my RD350 back.up after I rode it yesterday. Fun was had. Wheelies were pulled.
:righteous: :righteous:

pdxjim

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

m in sc

lawnboy

Took the '67 lambretta out to continue break in of new top end. 100 miles more to get to the recommended 300. F'd with the oko on the jet 2oo(spanish lambretta) with mugello alloy kit. Took the rd60 AKA "lil sweet thing" to the corner beeratorium to finish off the day

paul1478

well seeing as how you asked...
I got it running for the first time in months. My power dynamo ignition fell apart during a ride at the gap with Chuck.
Thanks to Chuck and John at EC they warrantied it. So I loaded up my RD in my truck and headed to see my friend Chuck in Clearwater.
While I was down there Chuck also did some work and got the gold valves and new springs onto the bike as well. And seeing as how it was not dark yet, we did a 520 chain conversion. All that and I was able to spend the day with my friend and learn a lot from the guy who has a tool for everything. No really he does. I am going to get him a shirt that says, "I have a tool for that".
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

2 Stroke Jamoke

Awesome to hear that paul! Glad you get it back up and running cause you were definitely bummed about it at the gap! Cheers! -Ian

Plasticman

Quote from: paul1478 on August 12, 2019, 07:30:10 AM
I got it running for the first time in months. My power dynamo ignition fell apart during a ride at the gap with Chuck.
Thanks to Chuck and John at EC they warrantied it. So I loaded up my RD in my truck and headed to see my friend Chuck in Clearwater.
While I was down there Chuck also did some work and got the gold valves and new springs onto the bike as well. And seeing as how it was not dark yet, we did a 520 chain conversion. All that and I was able to spend the day with my friend and learn a lot from the guy who has a tool for everything. No really he does. I am going to get him a shirt that says, "I have a tool for that".

I want one of those shirts.

Rob
1976 - RD400 - road racer
1977 - RD400 - project (single shock/cartridge fork/modern wheels/brakes)
1978 - RD400 - Auburn themed motorcycle
1979 - RD400 - Daytona (under restoration)

Organicjedi

You're going to love the gold valves and new springs. It's going to handle like a whole new motorcycle.

paul1478

Quote from: Organicjedi on August 14, 2019, 11:11:23 AM

You're going to love the gold valves and new springs. It's going to handle like a whole new motorcycle.

First 2 rides were nice but not on a road I would be able to tell. I can tell when the wheel comes back down in 1st and second, no longer bottoms out.

I am just so happy to get it running again. Chuck also drilled and taped for a steering dampener and told me to order one. So that's next.
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

AAAltered

Spit polished for the Brooklyn show Sunday...

1971 R5
1976 RD200
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special

pdxjim

Put this up on eBay so I can pay Chuck for my LC head and cylinders:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F193053819144

Krister

Took out the RD350 in it's new TZ costume for a testride :haw:

Djg8493

Added a Steering Damper and finally got to put some miles on the RD
1970 R5, 1975 Rd350, 1978 GT80, 1979 KZ400, 1988 Ysr50, 1990 GSXR750, 2006 WR450 SM, 2006 R6