Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

What did you do to your 2T today?

Started by pdxjim, July 07, 2019, 02:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pidjones

Discovered a fork seal leak on the RD400c. As a first attempt, used 35mm film to swipe under the seal lip in case there was something lodged in it (they are new and the tube is smooth/clean). Pumped it hard and didn't see any evidence of leakage so it will be like this for a show this Saturday, then ride it a  bit and check again. Oil was measured in carefully, so it was not over-filled. Might drain and refill next week to make sure it isn't too low (or al least take off the cap and measure).
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

m in sc

(yesterday) Nothing too exiting. checked float levels on the 72 R5, cleaned up some stuff (detail work) and fixed the inevitable neutral switch o-ring leak.  Then rode it go go get a filet for a late lunch.  :haw:

1976RD400C

Yesterday while it rained, cleaned, checked, and assembled a 400 engine I had laying around for a few years. Crank is still in spec, new seals and outer crank bearings, trans very good. I'll bag it and put it on the shelf, it may come in handy some day.  :vroom: 

20210719-101235" border="0
'76 RD400 green  '76 RD400 red   '84 RZ350

2steve

Took the old, crispy, cracked Avon off the front and put on a new 2021 dated BT46 from eBay. Very satisfying.
The new 90/90-18 BT46 is significantly narrower than the 90/90-18 Avon. Photo has bad perspective but it's not too far off.
Did a weight comparo on the wheels - having lost the info from before.
HERE IT IS:
Spoked RD350 front wheel only with somewhat drilled rotor - 15.2 lbs.
Aluminum RD400 front wheel only with undrilled rotor - 18.8 lbs.
3.6 lbs weight savings
Would like to do that with the rear wheel someday...

pidjones

Might be informative too look up what the Avon width should be. I had a GoldWing SEi with 15 year-old tires with the rear rubbing the swingarm. Replaced with new the same size (both Dunlops) and had plenty of clearance. Time and internal pressure had allowed it to swell ~1/2" beyond original width.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

85RZwade

Turned the LC's left footpeg bracelet from plywood to steel, and no, that isn't Kawasaki green. I'll try to keep the agricultural contributions to a minimum...

I post waayyy too much

SoCal250

Quote from: 2steve on July 24, 2021, 09:05:53 PM
Did a weight comparo on the wheels - having lost the info from before.
HERE IT IS:
Spoked RD350 front wheel only with somewhat drilled rotor - 15.2 lbs.
Aluminum RD400 front wheel only with undrilled rotor - 18.8 lbs.
3.6 lbs weight savings
Steve, are those weights with tire & tube?
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

2steve

No tires nor tubes. Wheels with brake discs only.

SoCal250

Quote from: 2steve on July 25, 2021, 04:34:30 PM
No tires nor tubes. Wheels with brake discs only.
:thumbs: Thanks. I'm going to add those to my spec knowledge base
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

Kawtriplefreak

That's John Deere green Wade. I use John Deere diesel injection hose for my R1 front master cylinder hose on my RZ and it is perfect. I also have a John Deere diesel fuel o-ring in the sediment bowl on the RD400 petcock I converted to use on the same RZ... :patriot:

85RZwade

Good eye, Tim. I snagged that piece of bracket from under the cutoff saw at work. I was going to use an old Homelite saw bar for the other side, but the evolution of the rear pipe hangers may have nixed that.
I post waayyy too much

Kawtriplefreak

Back to topic
Yesterday I rode the RD twice and fooled with the settings on my new ( to me ) Go Pro Hero 5 Black. Bike ran great!! Tried out the camera mounted to the mirror hole in my clutch perch and it was jittery ( rubber mounted handle bars ). Then I used the chest mount and shot in 2K and 1440. My lap top doesn't have enough RAM to play them back but my PC does. They turned out good.

85RZwade

How is the audio? We gotta hear that thing!
I post waayyy too much

Kawtriplefreak

I bought one of the wind socks made out of foam and the audio is really good. Time permitting ( which is in short supply during hay season) I will get a video up soon.

85RZwade

I washed my RZ350 at lunch today, in anticipation of the Angry Bees ride on Saturday. As it turns out, I have a red & white '85, not a grey & brown '85. It had better get Best in Show now.

What do you mean, "there are no prizes"?  :shocked:
I post waayyy too much