Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

What did you do to your 2T today?

Started by pdxjim, July 07, 2019, 02:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgorms

Jim, where did you find the correct 4ua decals?
rz,r5,ds7,srx,fzr400rr,vfr,cl77,s90, F-7,CL 77, CA-77,ad infinitum

pdxjim

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

dgorms

Went for a rip on the RZ, these things are stoopid fun at 10k....................................D

AAAltered

Fitted a tank bag to ready the RD200 for a 100 mile Tiddler Tour In Connecticut this weekend...

1971 R5
1976 RD200
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special

dgorms

Went for a break in ride on the recently acquired RZ, pulls cleanly from 4 to 10k plus! Now I understand why people want Toomey pipes, this has the full Toomey kit.

pdxjim

With Wade's guidance, I replaced the carb on my 20yo Craftsman chainsaw, then used it to battle a stump in my backyard.

The chainsaw had sat for probably 15 years, and the gas lines were fried. Once I replaced those (not easy), it still wouldn't run. Wade hipped me to the fact the fuel pump (?) diaphragm in the carb was probably fried too, so I ordered a new "genuine" Walbro carb off eBay.  Looks like Wade knows his sh!t, coz when I installed the new mixer, I found the crankcase was hydrolocked and full of fuel, also pointing to a failed diaphragm .

Once I pulled the plug, pumped it clear, and let it dry out, it fired up and ran like a champ.

I ended up attacking the remains of the stump with a maul and wedge.  Thankfully, the Stump Remover enzyme crystals (epsom salt) I hit it with last fall seem to have done their job, and I (with much effort, sweat and swearing) now have a hole in the ground instead of a stump.

I have a Eucalyptus Mitchelliana sapling to go in the hole, but thankfully won't need any more 2T power to complete the job.

...also, I did all this while wearing a 20yo Moto Carrera t-shirt, so there's that, too.

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

sav0r

Pumper carbs will do some weird stuff when the diaphragm isn't working correctly. The best is that sometimes the diaphragm looks perfectly fine. Then you gotta stretch springs and set popoffs and what not, it's a bit of black art. Buying a new carb was probably the easiest way to go.

I have to look into those crystals. I have a few small stumps on my property that I tried to burn out and gave up before they were even below ground level. It just didn't work very well.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

pdxjim

Yeah, rebuilding the fiddly bits of the carb was a nogo for me, since a new carb was only $35. I could have opted for a less than genuine carb for like $12, but thankfully Wade steered me clear of that bad decision.

I'm pretty sure the stump remover crystals are just epsom salt. 

Last Fall, I drilled a bunch of holes in the stump with a Hole Hawg and a long ship auger bit and filled them with hardware store "stump remover".  Like you, a couple weeks ago, I doused the stump is gasoline and built a fire over it with little to no effect.  Thankfully the portion of the stump below grade was significantly rotted, and it busted up pretty easy once I got my method down.

1976RD400C

'76 RD400 green  '76 RD400 red   '84 RZ350

pidjones

Quote from: 1976RD400C on August 26, 2022, 07:42:12 AM
Installed a new set of Avons    :burnout:

newtires" border="0
Sweet! Geneva Green IS the best color!
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

Kawtriplefreak

Rode my RZ for the 1st time since Deals Gap. Started on 2nd kick and ran perfect after setting since May :righteous: :righteous:

pdxjim

Kawtriplefreak

Took the Phoenix Project out for a romp before work. Lost the lens out of my mirror but it ran great!

Gil Gallad

very nice 500 triple  :haw: all i've done is take my cylinder heads over to fahron to have the faces trued up, now all the welding is finished on them. hopefully next week i'll have a watercooled gt250 running  :guinness:
cheers, gil.

Aloha808

Took out the rz for a rip around town.

Got my mind off the specII package I missed this morning.