News:

Deals Gap Shenanigans

Deals Gap 2-stroke meet 2024 : May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Johnny Cash Special - Suzonda 2smoker

Started by NoRiders, December 01, 2019, 03:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoRiders

My new garage toy*....

It's just stored there on the shelf and will be bolted to the workbench when in use...:)

Reckon I could do some damage with a step drill ;)

* A 60th birthday pressie from my lad.

NoRiders

So, my free of charge headlight pod arrived today (thanks to a very generous fellow biker) .....balanced it in place to see how it looks and I reckon it's gonna work out just right....when painted white to match the bodywork.

Just need a new headlight and bezel.

Who can guess the donor bike?

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much

Gil Gallad

looks very similar to the suzuki k10 headlamp shell. i've got a couple of bezels for this shape. if you measure the dimensions where the bezel goes i might be able to help you out  ;D
cheers, gil.

NoRiders

NoRiders

Quote from: Gil Gallad on December 10, 2019, 07:29:28 AM
looks very similar to the suzuki k10 headlamp shell. i've got a couple of bezels for this shape. if you measure the dimensions where the bezel goes i might be able to help you out  ;D
cheers, gil.

Again...close....CD175 (74-79). Has the two 'corners' so quite an unusual shape which I like.

So you might have a bezel/surround in the same shape? I'd be interested if it's nice condition, doesn't have to be perfect but it is 'on show' so to speak...what yer got? :)

Gil Gallad

i've looked at your headlamp shell and also a couple of cd175 bezels on fleabay and the suzuki bezels are totally different. so unfortunately i can't help you this time  :whatever:
cheers, gil.

NoRiders

Quote from: Gil Gallad on December 12, 2019, 07:59:00 AM
i've looked at your headlamp shell and also a couple of cd175 bezels on fleabay and the suzuki bezels are totally different. so unfortunately i can't help you this time  :whatever:
cheers, gil.

Hey no problem, thank you.

I just missed out on a low price Micron alloy billet fork brace....grrr.

NoRiders

Minor update:

When your tame turner turns up some trick bobbin axle spacers and tophat collets out of stainless......nice.

These....

are going here...

85RZwade

Lovely pieces, nice bit of progress there.
Wade
I post waayyy too much

NoRiders

Quote from: 85RZwade on December 13, 2019, 08:14:48 AM
Lovely pieces, nice bit of progress there.
Wade

Thanks Wade, he does some lovely work for us all in our VW aircooled club. The small things actually get the job moving as without these the rear wheel assembly cannot be completed....I wanted to try and get the bike running, rolling and stopping before the big strip down!!  :vroom:

NoRiders

A small but significant update....my neighbour, a prolific and experience bike builder/restorer/owner has agreed to build the GT200 lump in January with me helping. The best of both worlds as I really wasn't looking forward to doing it myself....now at least I can say I had my hands in it.  :clap:

I shall now refine/finish the engine mounts in readiness, amongst other jobs. The engine rebuild is a major part (obvs) and I can rest easy knowing it'll be in good hands.

Think I might get on with the frame clean up now as well.

NoRiders

Snagged a good few bargains at Kempton Pk Bine Jumble (Swap meet for our American friends) so still on course, just slow progress.

Here's my stash

Alloy for brackets/mounts
New 400mm shocks with correct eye/eye dimensions. I know they're not the best but they'll do for now.

Funky rear light which may be used
Rubber bobbins to rubber mount the seat unit
Rose joints for the rear brake brace
Rightside starter/run/kill switch - nice n slim

Alternative brake lever
41.5mm Exhaust off cut with the correct bends for the collet extenders

Various other items which all amount to a very good day out.

85RZwade

Nice finds, I like the shape of that taillight
Wade
I post waayyy too much

Old Brit

This is starting to look very cool indeed  8)