News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

Deals Gap? (2021)

Started by rd400canuck, December 02, 2019, 07:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rd400canuck

Aright, I booked a cabin in Fontana from the 6th to 10th. Really looking forward to this :)

This is my ugly mug and I'll have a yellow 76 RD400 (and probably my black and red CBR600F4i) so if you see me meandering about say hi!

IR8D8R

OK. Just stay on the paved roads and do not investigate banjo music in the woods. You should be fine... Best if you didn't stop in Kentucky. Them people ain't right.

IR8D8R

suey1958

Thats pretty funny IR8D8R,...I gotta remember that one!  :clap:

m in sc

Quote from: rd400canuck on January 25, 2020, 03:22:03 PM
Aright, I booked a cabin in Fontana from the 6th to 10th. Really looking forward to this :)

you'll love it there. Ive rented cabins there, its nice. Keep in mind, its -mostly- a dry county for the most part, so if you want to have any beverage, better to bring with.

the ride down hwy28 to the hotel at the gap 'headquarters' is a great ride. Just watch for wild life. few years ago we had a run in with some (2) russian boar in the road and some other smaller rooting pigs(a pack of them actually). there have been bear sightings as well.  But its rare.

rd400canuck

Awesome, thanks again everyone.

I finally got all the parts for the bike and I will start tearing it down and rebuilding everything. I should have it up and running for may no problem. Running how well remains to be seen.

17 hour drive for me so I'll split it into 2 days driving and probably do a minimum of 12-14 hours the first day. Thankfully I like driving especially when there will be all new scenery for me. My plan is leave Ottawa 6am sharp and go straight to Roanoke, VA and pass the night there then it's only 4 or 5 hours the next day to Fontana.

Looking forward to getting there in may and meeting everyone and enjoying myself.

Striker1423

Quote from: rd400canuck on February 05, 2020, 11:47:51 AM
Awesome, thanks again everyone.

I finally got all the parts for the bike and I will start tearing it down and rebuilding everything. I should have it up and running for may no problem. Running how well remains to be seen.

17 hour drive for me so I'll split it into 2 days driving and probably do a minimum of 12-14 hours the first day. Thankfully I like driving especially when there will be all new scenery for me. My plan is leave Ottawa 6am sharp and go straight to Roanoke, VA and pass the night there then it's only 4 or 5 hours the next day to Fontana.

Looking forward to getting there in may and meeting everyone and enjoying myself.

You might just be convincing me to make the 10 hour drive from Michigan. lol

rd400canuck

10 hours aint too bad!

m in sc

shit, barry is driving from colorado and aylor comes in from new mexico.  :vroom:  Theres more... trust me, its worth the trip.

Kawtriplefreak

500 miles door to door for me. I can do it in 8 hours towing 2 bikes and hauling 1.  :righteous: :righteous:

paul1478

I have only been one time and had to leave early but this will be a regular event. Group of good people and fun conversations.
plus unlimited great places to ride as a bonus.
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

Striker1423

Well I'll probably go from like Wednesday through Sunday. I was told they should have plenty of room to camp. So I'll tent it up and put the bike on my dirt bike hitch hauler.

Evans Ward

One room is now available for next months meet. See other post in this section but you must act quick if you want it.
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

m in sc

i'll be in room 2 sun thru wed.

see you there.

no you cant have any coffee.  :dawg:

Evans Ward

Come on man!  :righteous: :patriot: You have the best java.
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

m in sc