Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

RD Monoshock ninja susp. swap

Started by RustyRD, December 15, 2019, 10:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RustyRD

I found the tail section on a shelf under one of my work benches, and after I placed it on the frame I kinda felt the same way.
Thanks

85RZwade

I think you had better clean out the garage and see what other treasures you've forgotten!
I post waayyy too much

RustyRD

LOL   so right. I have had that kz tail piece since about 1999. Have an engine for it in there somewhere.

85RZwade

Sounds like your next build will be under "4-stroke blasphemy"
I post waayyy too much

RustyRD

:whistle: I am a huge fan of two wheels and a engine :vroom: some more than others, the RD has been in my possession  for almost 40 years. The Z1-r I bought new with the help of my father.

85RZwade

Two fine Kawis! A friend has his Z1-R in pieces, and I've been trying for years to convince him to put it together...or sell it to me! I have an '82 1000LTD that came to me as an orphan a few years ago that will need a pretty full restoration. It would be cool to have a big air-cooled four at my disposal, but it's not at the top of the priority list yet.
I post waayyy too much

pscook

Quote from: RustyRD on February 20, 2020, 05:55:48 AM
Thanks
I need to check, if maybe the bolt pattern for the rotors are the same. Possibly just retain the smaller rotor :umm: but still have speedo drive :umm: Sometimes it the trip, rather than the destination :vroom: oh well I am having fun, I think.LOL :whoop: :whoop:
Front rotors are not the same bolt pattern. I tried. The front wheels are completely different while the rear are the same (except diameter). It's not hard to bolt the wheel in, but it requires some math to get the caliper to mount and align the 500 wheel and 250 fork.

SUPERTUNE

Quote from: RustyRD on February 23, 2020, 12:48:33 PM
OK, so I have been trying to figure out the seat, and have been looking at another old part lying around and looking for a use for it. Being a pack rat is a disease :whistle: maybe... Anyhow I kinda like the way this looks. Cowl off a 78 kz1000 if memory serves me correctly. constructing the seat for this combo will present the next challenge.
Looks like a perfect fit to me!!
With you using the 400 tank, get my modified Raptor fuel petcock to feed those TM's!
C
RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com

RustyRD

does the year model on the Raptor come into play? Thanks for the info on the wheels  ;D

RustyRD

ok carbs in place now the vent hoses, maybe I can braid them, or dreadlock ....naw ... something else. Half the fun of building is routing and making it look clean. One more step closer. :vroom: :celebrate:

SUPERTUNE

Quote from: RustyRD on February 28, 2020, 02:14:31 PM
ok carbs in place now the vent hoses, maybe I can braid them, or dreadlock ....naw ... something else. Half the fun of building is routing and making it look clean. One more step closer. :vroom: :celebrate:
Take them off and throw them away... nothing but a pain in the butt...It's not a motocross bike!
C
RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com

RustyRD

Your killing me :whistle: cmon you know your up for a challenge
Send filters
Russ

m in sc

i used a piece of tig filler rod, bent it, and made a loop for them to pass through that mounted to the bowl screws. completely unnecessary but tidy.

RustyRD

Clean...I like the setup :clap: :clap: Thanks for pic

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much