Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

27 Cycles RD 350 - Finally finished!!

Started by 27 Cycles, February 02, 2020, 04:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RustyRD

Such an awesome build, the engineering and execution are awesome.
Russ

27 Cycles

Thank you very much Russ!

Got lights and blinkers!!!   :whoop: :whoop: :celebrate:

m in sc

RustyRD

27 Cycles

I am finished for now with the wiring.  Once I run and ride the bike I will pull it all out and the loom will get some shrink tube and sheathing.  The extra room on the mounting plate is where the ignition bits will get mounted.

m in sc

very nice. is that a copper plate?

27 Cycles

No, ha..  All of the aluminum pieces I made I am coating with Alodine.  It always leaves a gold color, similar to gold anodize but different types of aluminum come out different shades of gold.  That piece definitely soaked in some color.  Look back at some of the finished side pictures and you will see my rear sets and brake caliper spacers are gold as well. Look closely at the crossover tube also, it came out really dark!

RustyRD

We used the alodine in the aircraft industry as a corrosion inhibitor, and to promote better primer adhesion. Nice use of the product. Again the build is incredible.
Russ

motodreams

What is the purpose of the Alodine coating? It looks nice.

27 Cycles

Alodine is a prep/primer for aluminum.  I use it for a couple reasons.  It is fairly inexpensive, I can do it myself and don't have to send parts out and, I like the finish color.
It also keeps aluminum in better shape over time than just leaving it bare.

motodreams

Understood!  Thanks for the info.  It does look nice!

27 Cycles

Small progress this weekend. Sprockets and chain, 520 conversion with sprockets from Economy Cycle!!  Getting really close!!

m in sc

thats one hell of a centerstand!

Looks great danny.  :righteous:

27 Cycles

Ha!!  Had to build it on something!!  You should see the sh$& show it takes to get the bike up and off of it!   :dawg: :dawg:  It has been great to build the bike up that high!!

I have decided I am going to build a center stand, that's actually up next!!!

27 Cycles

I finished the center stand this afternoon.  Mounting the front fender tomorrow and the bike is basically finished.  Will purchase the HPI ignition soon.