Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

RD400

Started by RDFL, February 27, 2020, 06:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triple1972

If that bike is tuned right it's a vert good deal! Nice looking bike! I'm 75 miles away?

RDryan

Ha,ha I'm like 20 miles away! How come I didn't see this sooner?....LOL.

RDryan

Well that didn't last long at that price. Sold as of today.

triple1972

We should have jumped on it! I knew it wouldn't last long. Hope it was as advertised. Nice bike and nice price !

RDryan

Yeah that seemed like a really clean well put together bike and I thought the same thing. But for me there were some things about it that I had a hard time warming up to like the color Yellow. Despite the paint job being well done I just find it to be a very polarizing color. I guess you either love it or hate it. I also didn't care for the cafe conversion with the straight bars. Again although it was well executed with nice body work and great set of rearsets it just doesn't look comfortable to me. I think I really like the classic, original look of these bikes... my preference. So finally it had a set of DG pipes. The same set of pipes I have on my RD250. Frankly on my bike they just hang too low and I've repeatedly had situations where I scraped the very bottoms and put a dent or two in mine because of the step from my driveway to the road. I dunno they sound great but I guess from what others say on this board they don't really bring out the highest potential of our bikes and really they look a bit odd if you're not using rear sets like myself.

In closing I just feel guilty if I had gotten that bike and neglecting the one I have as a result if that makes sense. Well here in MA our bikes seem to do a lot of sitting with the weather and at least on my part working all the time.