Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

EBAY INSANITY (sticky thread) For the Best fails and greedy Bastard listings

Started by m in sc, February 10, 2019, 09:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

85RZwade

They do offer free shipping of their used gasket(s)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rz350-4L0-Cab-Insulator-Gasket/174571587891?hash=item28a5470933:g:UlwAAOSw84Nf5Y2O

In their defense, it's probably a translation problem...

EDIT: fixed link UBB tag
I post waayyy too much

patastinky

1975 RD350 (under construction)

85RZwade

If people are paying that kind of $$ for stuff, they are clearly not visiting my auctions. Maybe I'm not asking ENOUGH for my items!
I post waayyy too much

RDFL

IR8D8R

A lot of these EBay listings when you look at the seller's history it says "Best offer was accepted". It does not say what that offer was. I assume it was a fraction of what the starting bid price was at the beginning. It's basically fake pricing but why?

Like really, who is gonna pay $300 for a rusty headlight bucket? Or $150 for a bent fork ear when other strippers are selling them for 20 bucks? The difference between mint and meh on these bikes isn't a lot. It's not a fricken' 1 of a kind Vincent with provenance to Lawrence of Arabia or anything.

"I was gonna' buy your super clean RD man but the headlight pot isn't original". "Pass". ...Said no one ever. People watching too much cable TV act like Wayne Carini with an RD 350. Get TF out dude. I'd be embarrassed to 'ask' for $ off over that point.

I wonder what their tax filings look like and if they are claiming losses? It happens a lot in small business. Net zero profit at the end of the year. Audit roulette. F.R.A.U.D.

IR8D8R

m in sc

Greaser Greg

Quote from: 85RZwade on March 12, 2021, 09:23:07 AM
If people are paying that kind of $$ for stuff, they are clearly not visiting my auctions. Maybe I'm not asking ENOUGH for my items!
What's your store name?
Every day above ground is a good one.
'71 R5B "Rusty"  '71 R5B "Decaf"   '99 KZ 250
'97 XL1200S "The Vibrator"   '08 XL1200N  "Greenie" (totalled)
'78 CB750F "The Skunk"   '74 CB550 "Blackie"    '78 Honda Hobbit

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much

RDFL