Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

What in the actual

Started by Striker1423, March 26, 2020, 02:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Striker1423

m in sc

ive seen pics of that thing before. its intriguing to say the least.

Striker1423

I've broken a belt on a sled before. It's got so much force with a guard like that you'll be digging chunks of belt out of your leg, that's assuming it doesn't just tear the guard off.  Woof. Its intriguing for sure but that's a deathtrap.

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much

m in sc

economan

Thanks Mike, I would be one of those rare Neanderthals  that do not ass book, err, I uhmm, I meant facebook.   :whistle:
And I thought my build is weird. ?

I think that build deserves the attached phrase.  Just because you can, don't mean you should.  :eek:

RDFL

RattlecanResto

Lol, when I was in high school I put a snowmobile motor/belt drive on a go cart

m in sc

fwiw theres a rockwell 440 motor sitting in the garage right now . been toying with the idea of mounting it atop a 250 ninja bottom end (take out crank and make adapter plate to mount on top of cases), replace crank with jackshaft, and chain drive it though the motor utilising the stock clutch and trans. theres also a blown up ex250 motor ( i know, right? who does that?) thats a perfect base in the tote next to it.

Its comlex and will probably suck. but would also be cool to pull start your bike.  :devil:

Striker1423

I would think it might be fun to make a snowmobile top end work on a bike case. Of course how you would measure and make rods etc work, but it might be fun. Mark, your chain drive method with a proper seal so as to keep everything lubed up good isn't a bad idea.

Most sleds are setup running from primary to a secondary clutch that's floating a few mm's on a jack-shaft. That jack-shaft is run to a chain-case, then another jack-shaft at the bottom of the chaincase to drive the track. This jack-shaft also has the disk brake on it. In theory, with the right size chaincase, you might be able to pull off an external drive as well. It'd be like a Harley, separate trans and motor. Flip the motor around, reverse timing and run the clutch off the kick-start hole. Pull start would be on the left side, and nothing would interfere with the shifter either.

m in sc

i  talking bolting the whole sled motor to the top case of the ninja bottom end.  :devil:

OnlyCrimnson

I posted this thing a few years ago on the old forum, still the same seller.  If I had a pole barn I could waste some space and time on this death trap, fortunately I do not.