Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

XS switch on an R5

Started by AAAltered, June 25, 2020, 07:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AAAltered

Still having some switch issues.  Anyone ever wire this XS switch  onto an R5 or RD? 

https://www.mikesxs.net/yamaha-xs650-bar-switch-clutch-side-chrome-77-81-oem-1t3-83973-00.html

Changing Connector Ends isn't a problem, but that switch is for later bikes with "always on" headlights (no on/off).
What change would I make to light my low beam all the time?

Thanks
1971 R5
1976 RD200
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special

Czakky

I found one on z1 enterprises for another bike I have with an on/off for low beam. FWIW

27 Cycles

Yes, I used that one, sort of..  I bought the black one not chrome.  I don't know if there is any difference.  I really like the switch, it works great.  The only issue I had was they did not send any wiring info with it.  After a few phone calls they finally emailed me a color code, hooked it up quickly after that.  I have a printed version of what the wires are, if you have any issues let me know and I can send it to you.

27 Cycles

Yes, I used that one, sort of..  I bought the black one not chrome.  I don't know if there is any difference.  I really like the switch, it works great.  The only issue I had was they did not send any wiring info with it.  After a few phone calls they finally emailed me a color code, hooked it up quickly after that.  I have a printed version of what the wires are, if you have any issues let me know and I can send it to you.

DesmoDrew

Quote from: AAAltered on June 25, 2020, 07:41:35 AM
but that switch is for later bikes with "always on" headlights (no on/off).

It's not that the lights are always 'on', but the XS has the On/Off switch for the lights on the right side switch, like an RD250/350 and RD400