click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

Waking A Couple From Their Winter Slumber

Started by Ray916MN, June 26, 2020, 12:33:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray916MN

Dvsrd

Jspooner

I thought the V Due would sound way cooler than that.
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

Czakky

Dvsrd

Pretty sure it sounds great when pulling hard. Anyway, IT is basically 2 x 250 mx ers.

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much

busa1300

Love the collection you have created for yourself.
The V-due would be the top of my street 2 stroke list....If I could find one of the last carb versions  :thumbs:
Are you considering adding some homologation 250SP TT/F3 strokers in the mix?
RZ350-RZV500R-TZR250RSP 3XV2
RGV250 VJ21 SP/VJ22 SP/VJ23 SP
RS250 for track - KD80 - JR50 for kids
https://youtube.com/@wedgehorsepower9869?feature=shared

Ray916MN

Quote from: busa1300 on June 29, 2020, 07:42:05 AM
Love the collection you have created for yourself.
The V-due would be the top of my street 2 stroke list....If I could find one of the last carb versions  :thumbs:
Are you considering adding some homologation 250SP TT/F3 strokers in the mix?

Thanks. Gotta work at being comparable to what you've got.

Carb V Dues are common compared to FI bikes. The vast majority of V Due production was returned to the factory, bought out of bankruptcy by a Bimota engineer, their problems addressed and converted to carbs to make them run right. I'd be surprised if there are more than 30 FI bikes in the world.

Bid on a beautiful TZR250SP at Mecum earlier this year, but there are some crazy buyers out there. On my list, but so are a bunch of other bikes.

RDryan

Quote from: Jspooner on June 26, 2020, 07:43:52 AM

Agreed. It was the first video I watched and I like the sound of the RG better both at idle and with a bit of revs. I'm also sure the Vdue would sound better moving at a spirited clip or at least I hope because....Well I just turned 46 earlier this month and I remember a time long before the internet when the Bimota 500 Vdue was a huge sensation within the sportbike world. I used to be a subscriber to the Cycle World magazine and they had a really nice write up on the bike when it came out. For me personally it was new and different and growing up with a drivers license in the USA in the nineties we the public just didn't have street legal two strokes. At the time I really didn't know much about what was already out there like the RG500. I think the only bikes I was faintly aware of were the RZ's and mostly at the age and time of life all I could afford was a beat up KZ550 and then there was  the CB500T. I eventually aspired to own a 84' Ninja900 when I was like 22.  LOL but the point is street legal two strokes were kinda exotic and expensive and I just really didn't know much about the seventies bikes. \

When I saw that VDUE for the first time though, it was a dream and all I could think about was how awesome it would be to legally ride a two stroke motocross bike as that's what I likened it too.

Ray916MN

Quote from: RDryan on June 30, 2020, 08:29:54 AM
Quote from: Jspooner on June 26, 2020, 07:43:52 AM

Agreed. It was the first video I watched and I like the sound of the RG better both at idle and with a bit of revs. I'm also sure the Vdue would sound better moving at a spirited clip or at least I hope because....Well I just turned 46 earlier this month and I remember a time long before the internet when the Bimota 500 Vdue was a huge sensation within the sportbike world. I used to be a subscriber to the Cycle World magazine and they had a really nice write up on the bike when it came out. For me personally it was new and different and growing up with a drivers license in the USA in the nineties we the public just didn't have street legal two strokes. At the time I really didn't know much about what was already out there like the RG500. I think the only bikes I was faintly aware of were the RZ's and mostly at the age and time of life all I could afford was a beat up KZ550 and then there was  the CB500T. I eventually aspired to own a 84' Ninja900 when I was like 22.  LOL but the point is street legal two strokes were kinda exotic and expensive and I just really didn't know much about the seventies bikes. \

When I saw that VDUE for the first time though, it was a dream and all I could think about was how awesome it would be to legally ride a two stroke motocross bike as that's what I likened it too.

I think the engine sound is impacted by the engine configuration and the cylinder displacement. The V Due is a 90deg twin. Compare any 4 stroke or 2 stroke parallel twin to a 90deg twin (eg. Duc V twin to Triumph twin) and you get a very different sound signature). In the 2 stroke world imagine a Suzuki T500 versus the V Due. I've got an Ape RS250 (70deg) and it definitely doesn't have the edge of say a RD250 in sound. The RG500, being a square 4, gives you twice the signature sound of a 250 parallel twin making it particularly sharp sounding.