Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Rz350 spec II pipes

Started by rz350ypvs, June 26, 2020, 08:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rz350ypvs

Can anyone tell me if these are rz350 pipes? The hangers were butchered before i got them. They seem to fit very poorly. Both pipes are up against the mono shock linkage in the pics. I know they dont fit my air cooled rd.

rz350ypvs

rodneya

how do they fit if you rotate them outwards so that the silencers are parallel with the frame and the spec ii logo is not going under the pipe?

teazer

Yep.  They look like the pair on my RZ350 which fit and run perfectly.  My mufflers basically run straight back where yours point out \sand the mounting bracket looks slightly different.  I wonder if they were for an air cooled bike or if there is something else going on with the way they are fitted.

Looking at the seams, the cones seem shorter on yours.  Race spec or for a 250 perhaps.

rz350ypvs

Thanks guys. I will take another look and try to rotate them to see if it lines up better.. I will feel like an idiot if that works and I somehow missed it  :dawg:

DesmoDrew

When they point outward like that it usually means they are mounted on the wrong side. Left on Right and vice versa.  Don't use stickers as a mounting reference since the cans are removeable and my have been put on the opposite pipe by mistake after a re-pack.  :twocents:

Striker1423

I agree with Drew here. They should be pointing more straight back.