This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

dt400mx gearbox help needed

Started by elliottles1, July 02, 2020, 09:01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elliottles1

good day folks,

just finished a rebuild and after a couple of teething problems with getting it running now it is fired up and sweet as a nut. Except!! i seem to only have first gear. it snicks down into first lovely and rides fine and comes back up into neutral fine, but nothing from second gear up. gear lever just lifts and stops.

is this something that might be cured by taking the clutch cover and clutch off only?? or is it definately an engine out job.

any suggestions appreciated.

many thanks
les

rodneya

Looks like there is an eccentric screw for adjusting the shift mechanism throw. If it is not adjusted correct it may be stopping the selector moving far enough to select gears.

jradnich

I have a 75 Dt250/400 manual on my computer. I spent an hour trying to figure out how to copy and paste the page you need. No luck, I'm not that computer friendly.If you PM me a phone number I can take a pic and text it to you.

SoCal250

Quote from: jradnich on July 03, 2020, 10:35:09 PM
I have a 75 Dt250/400 manual on my computer. I spent an hour trying to figure out how to copy and paste the page you need. No luck, I'm not that computer friendly.If you PM me a phone number I can take a pic and text it to you.

Assuming you're using a PC...
While viewing the page you want to copy on your screen, press "ALT+Print Screen" (button should be in the upper right area of your keyboard). This will capture the image of the active window to your clipboard.
Open MS Paint and press CTRL+V to paste the image.
Save it as an image (e.g., JPEG, PNG, etc.).

75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

elliottles1

Hi,

maybe give SoCal250's suggestion a go, i am in Ireland!
cheers
les

jradnich

Thanks SoCal250.

elliottles1

Hi again,

Excellent, many thanks

les.