Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

I must be getting old. 2000 concours

Started by m in sc, August 06, 2020, 02:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kawtriplefreak

85RZwade

You've transformed it into something pretty clever. I'm once again impressed with your skills, Mark  :patriot:
I post waayyy too much

m in sc

thanks.
printed up a small shield at work while making other parts. gives it a bit of added dimension and hopefully cut down on any potential glare.

Evans Ward

1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

quocle603

What 3D printer are you running? I have a small ender 3 that I am looking to upgrade.
Do not underestimate the power of a two-stroke.

1975 Yamaha RD350 (modified), 1973 Yamaha RD350 (stock), 1971 Suzuki T500, 1981 Yamaha XS650 HS2, 1982 Honda MB5, 1980 Puch Maxi, 1979 Puch Magnum, 1993 Tomos Bullet, 2003 Malaguti Firefox F15 LC

m in sc

3d systems fabpro 1000.  its small but does what we need at work. whole setup with UV lightbox, etc, was a hair under 6k out the door. this included 5 bottles of media ($) and spare trays etc.

m in sc

:cheerleader: successful test-ride.  :cheerleader:

whoever made the bar adapters had them machined wrong, so the bars were crooked, but otherwise good. i fixed the bar plate when i got home.

also fit the temp gauge (trailtech) and  verified the fuel gauge works.  def feels like a refined 80s era muscle bike, such a contrast to the old man feel of the faired one.

for comparison.

Czakky

It's got a whole bunch of rake that you don't see under the fairing. I'm pretty partial to nekkid bikes personally.

m in sc

another and final (at least big stuff) update:

trimmed the fender back, finally fit a new tire. did some cleanup and had to go back into carbs because something got behind needle and seat to stick #2. added a sintered bronze filter inline (industrial type, 50 micron) and seems good to go. Also replaced seal in hyd clutch slave cyl, took like 15 mins super easy.  calibrated speedometer, within 1mph vs gps at 80+
Also added  small cover up front from the part i cut off the front fender. I'll reshape it a bit but so far, i like it. rode it around a nunch today, got groceries on it, and took angie out on it for about an hour. im calling it done. well, the RH fork seal started to leak so i'll do the fork seals but thats like an hour.

literally at the grocery store.   :dawg:

Evans Ward

Well done Mark! It does have a semi muscle bike look to it nekid.
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

m in sc

thanks. It feels like one as well with the wide bars and power delivery. Its not huge power but 100 is respectable, especially since it comes in so smooth. 

we swapped bikes in the afternoon and jumped on the cb1100 which felt downright compact by comparison.  :dawg:

OnlyCrimnson

Oh man that looks really cool, wide bars are where its at. I just got an 07 gen 1 vmax and it does have the same kind of look.