Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

76 RD

Started by forexer, August 17, 2020, 02:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

forexer

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1976-Yamaha-RD400/154048340641?hash=item23ddff22a1:g:L3MAAOSwWQdfOW3D

seller states that the bike has 2014 original miles - Nice Bike - however the gauges look a little sun faded

I wonder what it will sell for and if he has any documentation supporting that it's an all original bike

pidjones

I'll have much more than that in mine when finished. And probably not nearly as nice (but it will occupy my time for quite a while).
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

forexer

Hard to believe that it SOLD for $6K  - Nice Bike but $6K????

sold with no title - no proof of actual mileage - hopefully when the new person that purchased it goes to register the bike it doesn't come back as being on record as showing mileage "EXEMPT"

-  Anyone can just swap out the gauges and make the same claim -

That's one hell of gamble to take for whoever bought this bike plus I noticed the exhaust pipe chrome had some acid staining and both gauges were sun faded must of been stored and sitting on the sunny side of the basement.

pidjones

Well, I won't have THAT much in mine when finished. My speedo is crunched, but I have a replacement with fairly close to the same mileage. I'll keep photos of both from the swap-over. That's what I did with my '78 GoldWing when I replaced its speedo because the odometer quit. For one that old here, it isn't required for titling anyway.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

RDFL

forexer

Ebay is becoming a real problem for sellers as the buyers fail to commit to PURCHASE the item they've won and the seller loses his or her listing fee. Ebay will not refund the seller if the buyer backs out

again 6K for this bike seemed expensive to me especially with the battery acid stained exhaust pipe but hey what do I know there's a buyer out there for everything....