Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Removing shift drum

Started by Striker1423, September 26, 2020, 10:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Striker1423

So, this might surprise some of you, but I haven't taken the shift mechanism out of my  RD motor yet.  What after the shift lever and bushing comes out do I need to take out,  and how do I go about it without springs flying and parts missing?

m in sc

you just remove the spring at the bottom of the case (the big one most mistake for a drain plug), then the shift shafts and forks. the steel  pegs int he forks cam come
out, keep an eye on them. then the 2 cross head screws holding the shift drum plate on on the RH side of the motor.. then it just slides out. thats it. nothing to go 'sproing' like on a suzuki.

pidjones

On my 400c, a circlip has to come off the left end to let the stopper plare slide off as it is larger than the case hole for the cam.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

Jspooner

Quote from: pidjones on September 27, 2020, 09:03:14 AM
On my 400c, a circlip has to come off the left end to let the stopper plare slide off as it is larger than the case hole for the cam.

Same on 250/350 as well.
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

1976RD400C

Quote from: pidjones on September 27, 2020, 09:03:14 AM

Right angle (90 degree) snap ring plyers needed for that.
'76 RD400 green  '76 RD400 red   '84 RZ350

m in sc

yup. forgot about that, actually went and looked. been a few yrs since i pulled a shift drum out.