Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Boroscope

Started by rodneya, November 10, 2020, 11:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodneya

Anybody use one of the little cameras that plug into your phone. Im interested in trying one to check the top if my pistons through the plug holes to see what sort of piston wash I am getting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mnein

I have one that plugs into phone, for the money it was pretty good ($40 or so). Better than older self contained ones I've used. Good investment. Depstech is the brand. You have to get a free app for it to work.

pidjones

I've used a cheap ebay (~$30 US ten years ago) camera with an old netbook many times. Tape it to coat hanger wire to inspect the inside of tanks, look in plug holes (very near focus is often off a bit) the built-in LED lighting is great. Weakness that I've found is strain relief to the control box (has the light intensity control) and USB. I've had to resolder twice. They are something that you should use when checking your tank cleaning and lining effectiveness.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

rodneya

Think Ill go ahead and get one. Pretty useful tool

pidjones

Also great for looking in walls, u der floors, etc. in the house.  Found a plumbing leak that otherwise would have caused major rip-outs in the house. Once located, I was able to cut a small access in the back of a kitchen cabinet and patch the leak. They come with a lot more cord than I'd ever use. A couple meters would be enough.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"