News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

Anyone ever seen or heard of these 2 into 1 pipes?

Started by rd400canuck, November 21, 2020, 09:42:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rd400canuck

Happened to come across this site that offers a stubby looking 2 into 1 system further down the page. Anyone ever heard of K2 Tec?

http://www.moto-works.jp/k2tec/rd400.html

m in sc

rodneya

Ive never seen a 2 into 1 with such long headers before.
Dynaport 2 onto 1 pipes on water cooled Yamaha twins sound pretty cool, kinda like a NASCAR but you loose a lot at high RPM.

I like the raw pipes further up the page, and the price is great with free worldwide shipping. The fact that they mention no jetting changes for street use  required is a bit strange though.

pdxjim

I had a set of K2tec pipes on my KH400.

Price, fit, quality, etc was all very good.  Shipping from webike.co.jp was lightning quick.

Can't comment on performance, but I wouldn't expect it to be stellar with the constant diameter headpipes.

The two-into-one, and three-into-one pipes are mainly aimed at the Japanese riders who are more concerned with sound than performance.  They have evolved stationary revving into an artform, and these 2:1 pipes are perfect for this application.

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Czakky

85RZwade

That 2:1 reminds me of the Kerker I had on my '79 CB750F in high school, but it looks out of place on a two-stroke to me, so I'm glad Jim included the cultural perspective. The constant-diameter header pipes also jump out at me. I thought at first they were a cost-cutting measure, but maybe they're suited to the revving practice as well...? I love the looks of their other pipes, with tapered header pipes and sweet welds and long stingers! Always good to see another alternative in chambers out there.
I post waayyy too much

Jspooner

"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

Dvsrd

Quote from: Jspooner on November 22, 2020, 07:53:37 PM
I don't get the silly seat and fairings.  :help:
The fairings are mostly roadracing or endurance style, so not bad at all, actually. They just mount them  in a silly way. But don't get me started on the seats......

pdxjim

I absolutely love this style.

These guys are not afraid.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

rd400canuck

I watched the revving video.... it got old real fast  :whistle:

The bike styles are kinda interesting. I'll stay away from 2-1 pipes!

pidjones

Add some Harley ape-hangers that they can't reach and a huge front wheel. The fad would start in Southern California and sweep the nation if a big-name builder did it.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

rd400canuck

tbh i dont mind those $450 ones... just not a fan of the crossover header pipes but the price is descent enough

Dvsrd

Quote from: rd400canuck on November 24, 2020, 09:48:16 AM
tbh i dont mind those $450 ones... just not a fan of the crossover header pipes but the price is descent enough
That crossover design was also used on the later TZ350 models. FIM regulations prohibited exhaust systems that projected past the rear wheel. So the cross over allowed a slightly longer pipe within that limitation. I guess some of us do not like long pipes just due to aesthetics, and the crossover is a fix for that.

teazer

I really like crossover pipes.  Their RD crossovers appear to be styled after late model TZ350 pipes which crossed over.

rd400canuck

they are defo cool looking... j ust something about two header pipes coming straight out and down that pleases my eyes. I love crossed headers on RZ's for some reason but I have no idea why on one bike and not the other!