News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

Anyone ever seen or heard of these 2 into 1 pipes?

Started by rd400canuck, November 21, 2020, 09:42:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teazer

That's a really good point.  Not all design elements look right on all bikes.  For example a Manx Norton tank looks fabulous on a Norton but would look out of place on say and RZ350.

I agree that crossovers on a aircooled just look wrong and it's probably because we are used to seeing them on more modern bikes but they look out of place on a square old RD.  It's partly what we are used to seeing.  The brain tries to match things to patterns we are familiar with and if it doesn't find something to match with we consider that it looks "wrong". 

That comes from our ancient ancestors who looked out of the cave and when they saw something moving they had to quickly decide if it was something they could eat or something that would eat them.  It's all about pattern recognition.

It's also why some things look, smell or taste horrible but we still like them because they feel familiar.

oxford

I am not a huge fan of the cross overs and would prefer to see the pipes coming straight down.  I will say though, after looking through some pics it might be the pipe design on some that I don't like vs it being on an older vintage bike.

The top picture IMO has a much nicer design than the picture below it.  I actually like the pipes in the top pic and wouldn't mind them on a RD.  The bottom picture not so much.

RDFL

Quote from: teazer link=topic

It's also why some things look, smell or taste horrible but we still like them because they feel familiar.
/quote] So that explains British food.

rodneya

Quote from: oxford on November 25, 2020, 01:01:31 PM
I am not a huge fan of the cross overs and would prefer to see the pipes coming straight down.  I will say though, after looking through some pics it might be the pipe design on some that I don't like vs it being on an older vintage bike.

The top picture IMO has a much nicer design than the picture below it.  I actually like the pipes in the top pic and wouldn't mind them on a RD.  The bottom picture not so much.

The welders at Tyga are certainly top notch, that pipe looks amazing
They make a tiny expansion chamber out of Ti to display on your desk. Looks really cool, but not $160 cool.

Liability

I expected them to be more expensive, not bad for new options

pdxjim

The Tyga pipes are designed by Dave "muttsnuts" Wattam in England.

They offer very good performance at a nice price

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A