This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Chinese side stand for RD350

Started by Kawtriplefreak, November 21, 2020, 11:06:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kawtriplefreak

I bid on it on a whim because it was cheap and looked good in the pictures
My RD leans about 1/2 inch too far. It looks surprisingly robust and is adjustable. Install pictures will follow.

rodneya

That looks like quite a good idea, just the little nub for the spring sticks way out. Im not sure how long that will last before it bends. Seems to be on the front of the stand as well.

If that doesn't work, just cut your stand near the bottom and weld in a piece of round bar or something. I added about 2" using the
un-threaded top part of bolt to get the lean over after I moved my side stand forward for pipe clearance..

Kawtriplefreak

I am running mine with the nut facing out for clearance so that should put the spring perch on the inside. I hope to try and install it on my upcoming break from work.

AAAltered

The spring on my stock side stand was hitting my chambers.  Johnny Rotten from the old forum modded my stand to move the spring hook 180 degrees.  I easily made a top hook with a bold and nuts.  Works great now.

1971 R5
1976 RD200
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special

JB Weld

Neat. Haven't seen one of these yet.

After relocating mine for chambers it leaned way too much. I actually cut 3/4 through the thickness on the outside, opened it, and welded it back together. Still looks factory.

Kawtriplefreak

I tried to fit it and the "fits RD350" claim is indeed incorrect. It will take some work to open up the mount to fit over the tang on the frame. You get what you pay for but was $15 shipped. That being said when it gets too cold to ride here I will explore further.