Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

You probably knew this, but I'm exhausted

Started by 85RZwade, November 26, 2020, 04:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

85RZwade

I probably came up with the same solution that you all did, but it worked so damn well I'm sharing. The RD350LC and RD350s have a pin across the outlet of the exhaust baffle, and it's just gotta be there for extraction. Forget pliers. Nope, Vice-grips won't do it either. Spring hook? Please, they've been in there 45 years, man! I found the largest diameter bolt I had that would slip in next to the baffle pin and cut the head off, then drilled a hole slightly larger than the pin diameter through it. Next, the cutoff wheel made an angled slot into the hole:

So now I dug up some ABS pipe, a nut, some washers and spacers:

I know, it looks like junk, and it was a little tedious switching spacers and washers and then to the longer pipe, but it walked those gungy baffles out with leverage-enhanced ease (the penetrating oil may have helped).
The RD baffles are out and sold, but I have two right side RD pipes and headpipes and one left side pipe, two headpipes as well as two 350LC baffles that all need new homes. Yup, they're dented and have some rust, but I'm tired of looking at 'em.
I post waayyy too much

pidjones

Guess I was lucky that the baffles in theRD400 pipes that I purchased just levered out with a big screwdriver.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

pdxjim

My stock LC pipes are (miraculously) in perfect shape.

I've tried to seel them to fund a paint job, but no takers.

Niche market, I guess.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

85RZwade

I can tell you that interest in my rashed  set of LC pipes has been underwhelming
I post waayyy too much