Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

Anybody have a fairing on their RD

Started by Milan, February 17, 2021, 01:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kawtriplefreak

Milan

I am thinking the RZ one still looks better.

M

m in sc

as an fyi, that same rz faring (like the exact one) got repainted and is now on my friends GT550.
the emgo venom isn't too bad on an rd, seen a few.  :twocents:

Seizer

I think the RZ fairings look better if they're fitted a bit lower than stock. I just set this on there to see how it looked and never really secured/fitted it.

m in sc

true.

also a larger headlight will fit other than stock(350) which is goodif you are looking for a H4 style replacement bulb type.

Milan

How are the attachments done to fit the RZ350 fairing to the RD400?

Any thoughts on retrofitting the RZ350 square headlight version.
I think a Seca 650 square headlight can be used, & it has the rear case.

m in sc

i bent 2 pieces of aluminum, used the stock in fairing rz mounts to the upper triple tree clamp bolts on the 350. super easy and obvious if you have one in hand.

No comment on square headlight options.  :whatever:

Milan

Milan

Also this one:

Milan

Actually was looking for a little more wind protection.
The previous Sport faring may do that.
Hard to tell without that one in hand.

Any info on turn signal relocation

pdxjim

I've got a nice fiberglass bikini fairing I'd love to see go to a good home. 

Will post pics soon
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

teazer

Yes.  It's an ebay fairing and the headlamp bubble was painted inside to work as a number plate.  They come in white or black.

IR8D8R

Hard to go wrong for $35. Typical old-style 1/4 fairing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/7-Motorcycle-Gloss-Black-Cafe-Racer-Headlight-Lamp-Fairing-Screen-Windshield/143844670760?

This looks like better mounting than the Emgo is supplied with. I have one on my 350 that I believe is the same part as Emgo Viper but came from a company called Lockhart Phillips and wasn't branded as Emgo. Def Chinoise. It was also about $35. They seem to have revamped their website. https://www.motosport.com/.

I like it. Looks good and blocks most wind. My RD is a little crusty though. It's off the bike now as I have some things apart on the bike getting ready for spring or I would take a picture.

IR8D8R