This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

high floW fuel tap on RD350

Started by 2t Fan, March 02, 2021, 06:56:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2t Fan

m in sc

you can make anything work.... those petcocks will require a large hole in the tank for the screen and the tube.  also an npt bung will go up further than the adaptor plate unless you can make one deep enough to accommodate.

what you need to figure out is if you actually need it. check (total) area of flow of needles and seat openings. that's going to be your max area needed for flow. 

at 3.0 seats, thats (7.07 sqmm each  x2) = 14.14sqmm.  a 5mm hole in the petcock will yield a flow area in the petock of 19.6 sqmm.

I know raptor petcocks (atv) have been used on 400's.

I know i was able to over power 2.0mm seats with 320 mains clicking into 6th gear on the LC with vm34s at wide open at over 110 mph. but that was wide ass open and it sucked the bowls dry. i went up to 3.5 and its been fine.

Not using a stock petock (have non stock tank).

to verify i did timed flow tests.  1 minute of wide open flow on each to figure out where the bottle neck was.  Had to do the same on the lightweight.  running PJ34s, i feed it though a motion pro 1/4" barb, 1/8" npt fuel tap to feed both carbs. flows plenty. But you also need to make sure the tank vent is adequate as well. 

:twocents:

2t Fan

thank you. will do a flow test. 400ml in 30 seconds will be right ?

m in sc

TO be honest didn't really measure actual volume as it didn't matter. I did do it in a graduated cyl but was just for comparison. I just needed the petcock to flow more than the needle seats combined, wide open, at full flow. (and at same column height)