Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Gap 2021 pics

Started by m in sc, May 13, 2021, 11:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

the gallery plug in sucks on here, but heres about 50% of the pics i took.

http://www.2strokeworld.net/gap2021/

The Red Scourge

Man, looks like y'all had a great time!  I wish I could've made it.  We're getting ready to sell our house and it's been crazy!
'76 Yamaha RD400C
'71 Kawasaki G3SS
'88 Honda CBR400RR
'90 Yamaha FZR400/600 hybrid

SoCal250

Looks like great fun as always. Beautiful scenery. Thanks for sharing the pics
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

Kawtriplefreak

Evans Ward

Very nice Mark!  :clap: I see you took a pic of my uber rare 1 of 10 made Yamaha Kenny Rogers Edition RZ too.  :eek:I got lots of smiles and laughs from people checking it out! Thanks to you and Matt as well as Tom Judkins for coming to help get me after I seized my GT750 late Saturday.  :help: Allen Wood called me a couple of days ago and has offered to help me rebuild it, so soon it and I will be traveling to Panama City, FL.  :whoop: It was a violent seize at 75 mph down Hwy 28 for those that don't know about it thankfully on a straight away section. The bike slid on the locked rear tire several feet left and right with the pulled in clutch not stopping the sliding locked rear wheel. Allen thinks the sludge we found in the oil injection tank moved through the pump/ oil lines restricting at least one cylinder causing the seize. Not sure how I kept it upright as violent as it was.  :umm: :smiley: Roughest seize I ever experienced in all of my years riding. Good to see you and the gang. Your fiancĂ©e is a keeper too on all accounts and she was the secret weapon helping us make all the pizzas in the DGMR kitchen.  :bacon: She told us she manages an Outback Steakhouse so I know Angie has many years of experience and moving through the ranks there. Thanks again for helping push the heavy Water Buffalo on to the trailer.  :clap: It will live on and return!
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

Evans Ward

BTW, what happened to the trailer?
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

m in sc

glad we could help. great seeing you for sure, as always. trailer blew a tire on i-85 northbound in sc about 5 miles before exit 100 in 'the tunnel' ie: couldn't pull off. I was doing about 70 and it just went flat, tread-band shot off the rim, freaked everyone out behind me. guy next to me almost crashed. didn't do any damage  to anything but everyone panicked. I just kept going at about 60 was stable on the rim shooting sparks everywhere . David was folliwng me, called me lauging his ass of i was like 'i know i know'  :huh: eventually found an 'authorised vehicles only' pull off, i authorized my self, and swapped the wheel out in about 15 mins.  think it happened because of a lane change with a sharp pavement transition.

BTW, glad you saved the buffalo. about 10? years ago i picked up Pete Caro in the exact same spot from a violent H1 seize. No surprise there. that guy could seize a bowling ball.  :dawg: