News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

COTA MOTO GP 2020 Corner workers, flaggers and rider assist positions

Started by Vintagetz, April 26, 2019, 07:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintagetz

If any of you are interested there are volunteer opportunities to work the MOTO race in 2020.  I have done it the past 2 years.

There are 3 positions you can work:

Track Marshal:   The guys that to get the bike if there is a crash and if you can help get it back on track, if not get it behind the wall.   :clap:

Flagger: self explanatory  :patriot:

Rider assist:  you are the property of the EMT, your job is to do what the EMT tells you (stretcher bearer IF needed).  8)

When:  Thursday through Sunday (date is not yet confirmed for next year but it is in April)
You get 3 general admission tickets (you don't need them you can give away use for a friend or wife etc.)
You have to provide your own uniform unless you are accepted for rider assist.  Uniform is while pants and shirt.
You cannot wear anything branded (no VR46 hats or MM93, Ducati, Yamaha etc.  Depending where you work you will be on camera if there is a crash)
NO you can't video, when bikes are on track you have to be at your station.

You are responsible to get to the track and for all transportation to-from the track unless you stay at one of the hotels booked (your cost special rate) for workers in Austin, they include a shuttle bus to – from the hotel – track.
You can camp at the track in Lot M for free, it has hot showers and porta johns.
You get breakfast lunch and dinner every day.
You get Swag and prizes.
You are TRACK SIDE 
Friday Saturday and Sunday starts at 5:15 AM
Friday and Saturday end at about 6:00 PM Sunday at 4:30.
Thursday is training:  Get registered, Morning and a repeat afternoon training session.  Watch videos and you can participate in the afternoon track test if you can be there Thursday.
Friday is track inspection and certification by the FIM first thing in the am.
Then practice, more practice and more practice.  Moto3 Moto2 MotoGP and Moto America.
At the end of the day there is a pit walk.

I have been a marshal the past 2 years, first year as a corner lead (the guy with the radio headset, this year as a sector lead overseeing 3 flag positions, 2 marshal positions and 1 medical.

IF you have race experience it is HELPFUL,  I will be glad to talk to you and help with some pre-training that will put you ahead of the game.  I have really enjoyed doing this but it is an UNPAID gig.. it does put you in an incredible seat for the races.

If you have a bike and bring it you do get to do the track ride (SLOW LAP) of the track for free.
Please contact me, they need workers!!!!

Please drop me a PM or an E-mail if you are interested!

RdsOnly

MotoAmerica has openings at most tracks as well.

MotoGp races I worked at in CA Laguna Seca, you can get free ticked back then.

Lots of fun working, but long days some times. Be prepared to stand a lot. You get lunch and meet some nice folks.

Thanks for posting

JT