News:

Deals Gap Shenanigans

Deals Gap 2-stroke meet 2024 : May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

The Featherweight Monospine

Started by m in sc, February 13, 2019, 01:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

Christmas day ride, 2018.  Man this thing runs sweet. (chucks porting does wonders  :righteous: )

was testing out the V Force reeds and making sure the 3-d printed tailight held up. white sip ties were until epoxy dried holding led strip in.

~JM~

Kawtriplefreak

retaRD

So when is this thing gonna have rotobox carbon wheels?
As if it needed to be lighter...

m in sc

the 17mm titanium bar is on its way, have the 15mm already. axles. (drop ends will be used for spacers, etc) :whistle:

SoCal250

75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

Seizer

Gonna get some Carbon-Ceramic brakes? That's gotta be worth a couple of pounds.

Tuck

teazer

When I weighed a bunch of conventional forks a few months ago FZR400 were the lightest by quite a margin and with an alloy stem and/or alloy bottom clamp, they could be even lighter. I have a modified GSXR stem in a set of RD350 forks on the drag bike.  That saved a bit.

Might be worth looking at a modern small bike for even lighter/stiffer forks.

m in sc

i was actually talking about this 2 nights ago. I will probably go with an aluminum stem and a billet lower tree eventually, but im keeping the stock forks, they work very well with the setup and emulators in them. I mean, im over 100 lbs lighter as it is.  :whistle: if i can hit in the high 220s/low 230s i'd be blown away. (im in the 238 ish range i think, maybe less with fuel) after the axles i'm going to weigh it on a certified scale.

Gill

Mark, which speedo did you opt for?
Frame band swingarm is a masterpiece.

m in sc

thanks, Danny did a hell of a job on that frame.

I used a trail tech endurance. some of the models can be powered by AC voltage, or DC. I needed that because all the power on that bike is AC, because, wiring and junk is heavy.  its really good, and it automatically backlights when the bike runs.

https://www.trailtech.net/endurance

m in sc

interestingly, this jut got posted on FB by allen tucker. hadnt seen this pic before, but the yellow bike in the pic was basically 'V1" of the lightweight bike , a modded stock frame i built out of spares. I think it was about 35-40 lbs lighter than than a stocker. left to right: cody, me, pete. 2010

stresa

Hi Mark,
who was the manufacturer of the fuel tank on the yellow bike? I have exactly the same lying around for years.
Regards Uwe
81 Jackson Special 250, 2x 74 Yamaha RD250 racer + 1 street racer, 78 Yamaha RD400, 72 R5/RD350, 74 RD250 dirttracker street, 75 Yapol TZ250, 89 Honda RS125,
80 Hejira TM250, RD375/3, 77 Höpfner-TD3, 76 RD/TD3,
74 Yamaha TZ/RD250A, 78 Siroko TZ250, 75 Bakker TZ350B, Tomic 200, Waddon Rotax125

m in sc

i dont know. i got it with a bunch or parts years ago, was relatively heavy fiberglass unit. neat tank though. Lined it and never had an issue. Made a strap to mount it though, was kind of a PIA.