Started by pdxjim, July 07, 2019, 02:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AAAltered

Blasted around the beach on the 200...

1971 R5
1976 RD200
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special

Kawtriplefreak

Pushed and let it pull me along for 3 hours still got an hour to go. 6.5 HP. Lawnboy Duraforce on 100LL and Blue Marble at 32:1.

NoRiders

Yesterday, I installed the oil pump on the GT200, having primed and bench tested it with an electric drill. It's delivering oil, so it's now in place and synch'd with the throttle slide/position as per the manual.

Today, metail bashing. Andy,my neighbour has acetylene so we heated and spent longer than I thought trying to figure how to shape the kink I needed to clear the exhaust flange bolt on both sides.
Got there in the end.

Two kinky upper front mounts in etch ready for a splash of satin black.

AAAltered

10 mile shakedown on the R5.  Longest so far.  Scary thinking about who exactly assembled this thing when you're on the stick.
1971 R5
1976 RD200

Czakky

Whoever assembled it nailed it. Looks so cool.

AAAltered

Quote from: Czakky on July 01, 2020, 05:48:24 PM
Whoever assembled it nailed it. Looks so cool.

Same bike 7 weeks ago...

1971 R5
1976 RD200

85RZwade

Took a little trail ride with a friend in Gifford Pinchot national forest, it was a great day!

Mt. Adams behind me, Rainier, St. Helens and Hood all visible from where we were parked at the base of a rock tower called Jumbo. We did 30 miles and met a bunch of cool dirt bikers, bicyclists and a couple of hikers. Lots of late-model KTMs and Husqvarnas, a couple of CRFs and Yamahas. A twenty-something with an e-start KTM 300 asked me: "do you have to kick-start that every time?"!
Funny how many riders of electric-start, fuel-infected bikes commented on what a great bike my old XR200, ridden by my pal Ron, was!
Starting today with Ibuprofen. Won't help the mosquito bites or the sunburnt neck...
I post waayyy too much

Evans Ward

^ nice pic!  :clap: Sounds like a great time was had by all. I think many of us on these forums are in the heavy usage demographic Ibuprofen category!  :eek: :dawg:
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much

m in sc

remounted waterpump on lc to address a slight oil leak, cleaned up a few things and took it over to Angies to visit my falcon i keep over there.  :toot:

we then took the car to get tacos.

so-cal-sdr200

Pulled the Derbi out of the back yard shed. Poor little guy has been sitting
there for over two years.
Checked the air filter = perfect condition.
Put in a battery from the TT-R125L.
Squirt a wee bit of Motul800 down the spark plug hole and cycle the piston.
Clutch plates stuck, so put in high gear and push back and forth. fixed.
lift the choke lever, Turn on the key and three kicks later....ring_ding_ding.
:vroom: :clap:
Good things happen from time to time.
Now that I know it runs fine, guess I should change all the fluids.
Cheers, Jeff

Czakky

Never heard of that Derbi model. Looks fun.

patastinky

1975 RD350 (under construction)

paul1478

what did I do to my 2 stroke, I RODE It! first time since Dec 03 (excluding a 25 miles trip when I melted a piston)
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

RDryan