News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

What did you do to your 2T today?

Started by pdxjim, July 07, 2019, 02:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sav0r

This video is garbage but it's the first drive in 40 years for my father's Suzuki powered D Sports Racer. We missed the practice last week so we used our friends driveway for some low speed checks. I'll have at least two cameras in the car for the race weekend, which on the streets of Pittsburgh this weekend, so hopefully I'll get some footage with good sound and picture. We will probably be one of two two strokes in the event.

https://youtu.be/-V4SYKQ6koE

I also have my wife's RD125 running. I rode it around the block a few times last night. I'll grab some video of that tonight.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

Seizer

Should we create a permanent thread for posting videos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Organicjedi

Put on an LED headlight- tried the one Mark suggested seems to be working good.

Figured out my mysterious trans oil slow leak was coming from the tach drive (thanks Chuck)- always start at the top when hunting down a leak!

Went for an hour ride to go and rent a movie- Hey, I'm happy to run errands for the wife.  :whistle:

Edit: also replaced my broken hi/ low beam switch. FINALLY found a decent left hand switch for the donor part that didn't cost an arm and a leg. My buddy is still working on making a 3D printed copy.

pdxjim

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Seizer

Czakky

Not today but Sunday, I was having almost much fun as Jim on my R5, when at almost closed throttle going downhill I hear a horrible ratchet sound then bike dies, pull in clutch release it takes off, runs fine does it again. I pull over let it cool off for a minute and ride the 30 miles home under 5k.  :bang:

So now i get to assess the damage. I can't win lately.

Clem

I put TDR reeds in the Daytona. Now I need to find time to ride it.

teazer

Quote from: sav0r on July 16, 2019, 07:48:56 AM
This video is garbage but it's the first drive in 40 years for my father's Suzuki powered D Sports Racer. We missed the practice last week so we used our friends driveway for some low speed checks. I'll have at least two cameras in the car for the race weekend, which on the streets of Pittsburgh this weekend, so hopefully I'll get some footage with good sound and picture. We will probably be one of two two strokes in the event.

https://youtu.be/-V4SYKQ6koE

I also have my wife's RD125 running. I rode it around the block a few times last night. I'll grab some video of that tonight.

Awesome that you got it running.  Good luck to you both this weekend.  Don't forget to post the video and some stills.

pdxjim

Quote from: Seizer on July 16, 2019, 05:11:16 PM

Wow....
Epic trip for sure.

Lots more pics on Instagram @ #dirtodyssey and #dirtosyssey2019
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

sav0r

The RD125. https://youtu.be/i_FZBOtluvE

I rode it around the block again. The right side seems a bit fouled, I haven't checked timing. When it cleans out it pulls hard but not for very long, shifts comes really quick and it sure sounds like it's revving high. Those littles pistons really hum. The carbs are as they come straight from China, I have no idea what jets are in them, I haven't looked. But with the DT reed blocks and the new throttle cable the bike starts right up and runs good enough to get around the block. I'm going to check the timing, maybe throw some new plugs in it, and then spend a little time matching the carbs. The oil system seems to be functional, but I'm premix for the time being, working on the carbs is so much easier without the side covers. Pretty cool that it's close considering the loose ends.

Oh, and a while back I posted about needing a lock and key set but didn't get much interest. Suffice it to say, I havent found the keys, and I was quoted $150 just to tear the lock apart, making a new key wasn't included in that price. I took the gates out of the lock in like 10 minutes. For now it will be run with a screw driver. It's a bummer though because the key worked the seat, ignition, and fuel cap. I'd love to get a key made.

Seizer

sav0r

I haven't found where the key code is stamped on this bike. It's not on the ignition like other bikes I've seen.

sav0r

Quote from: teazer on July 16, 2019, 11:12:32 PM

Awesome that you got it running.  Good luck to you both this weekend.  Don't forget to post the video and some stills.

Will do! We are super excited! The car seems to work really well already, a weekend of driving, and some time to tweak on it and the car is going to be incredible. The Water Buffalo sounds mean and when it gets on the pipe really pulls. The VM38's (over the 34's), electronic ignition, and slightly altered stingers mean it's rev thirsty too. It pulls right to 7,500 and I'm sure it would go further. The track awaits.

sav0r

Quote from: Seizer on July 17, 2019, 09:34:47 PM
Try this guy? He made a key for a CT90 project of mine. Fit t perfectly.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F182917164877

I apologize to the members here for blowing this thread up single handedly, but I was stewing on this and so I walked out to the garage. Sure enough, the key code is stamped on the gas cap lock. I never thought to look there until now, chalk this one up to inexperience on my part. I'll order from the eBay fellow tonight.

sav0r

We made it out. The only 2t in the event. We had a bunch of troubles, mostly brake related. The video is of my best lap, which was not a good lap by an standard, but the car does run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH5OCOBPmZg&t=2s

My father, me, and my son. 75 plus years of racing experience, we will see if my son wants to join in some day.