News:

Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Royal Enfield Interceptor: Good, Bad or Otherwise?

Started by Striker1423, July 19, 2019, 08:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should I consider a new RE Interceptor as a decent every day bike?

Yes
4 (40%)
Absolutely not
2 (20%)
Maybe?
3 (30%)
Wtf is a Royal Enfield?
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

thatguy

I just read the Cycle World review and first impression. They seem to like it and praise the power delivery and fuel mapping/economy. Fuel mapping is a big plus in my book meaning there will be no need for PowerComannders and such. Rideable out of the box. Seems like a nice clean sporty transportation bike. Royal Enfield seems to have stepped up to the plate with the twin. Hopefully the QC and longevity will be there.

Royal Enfield's INT60 is simple and fun without breaking the bank.Spenser Robert
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment." – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Striker1423

Yea, that;s what I keep reading! I also watched TheMissendenFlyer on YouTube and another channel called stuart fillingham, and they both absolutely loved the time they spent on the bike. Stuart actually owns his and even put up a few videos showing how to perform the maintenance's etc yourself. Seems like an extremely easy bike to maintain.

m in sc

Im still not sure about everyday over nay kind of long term as of , yet, but i kinda feel these are about like the urals. some good, some eh. this new model is definitely interesting, and checks a LOT of boxes.

sav0r

My neighbor has an RE, I think it's a 2013 C500. He seems to really like it, he also has a Triumph and BMW of some variety. I'm not sure he's super mechanically inclined, but he stopped by the other night when I was working on my wifes RD and his RE looks and sounds good.

My other neighbor, who is a writer for Cafe Racer, test road the RE Continental GT and was really happy with it. As I recall, he was fairly impressed, and said that they've come a long way and are certainly fun rides.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

thatguy

It appears RE has grasped the standards the rest of the world expects when buying. Far faster than the Chinese manufacturers have.
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment." – Ralph Waldo Emerson

m in sc