Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

FedEx rant.

Started by m in sc, December 27, 2019, 11:11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

I posted this on social media but you guys need to read this:

So, Lets talk about FedEx again and the luck of the universe. This gets weird so read on.

So, a few weeks ago i had bought a tail-bag from an individual in California. he shipped it fed-ex, got tacking number, and said it was delivered. it wasn't. Well, not to me. My 1st thought was' they dropped it off at my business after house Friday, and somebody snagged it'. So, i told the seller, had him put in a claim, and i filed a trace on the package. They said they would contact me by Dec 24th. (they never did btw) However, we have cameras and after watching it, the Fed Ex driver DID INDEED come to the building, get out of the truck, then go tot he back of the truck, do something, , never took a package out of the truck, then left. This was December 13th. So, i hear nothing, Christmas comes and goes. I figured it was at the hub because of a lazy driver. (this has happened before). But, WAIT, there's more. And this is where it gets interesting. On Christmas Day i get a text from Scott, a local friend though bikes that lives in rock hill that I've known for years. he lives about 5 miles from where i work. I have the screen shot below). Turns out it wound up , by pure chance, at his neighbors house (who i have never met). So, After i get the bag this morning and look at the package, I call fedex and filed a direct complaint about the driver. Also, they say they resolved the trace on the 24th, and i never heard a fucking word. They can KISS MY ASS. I am going to try to get this driver fired, as while my situation wasn't anything important,.... what if it was for somebody else? meds, payroll, etc, you have no idea. There was no way to know what was in the box, and i absolutely abhor this type of lack of service. If i didn't have this pure random luck and Scott wasn't an upright guy, it would have just been lost to the great unknown.

theres no way the label just randomly tore.  :bang:

The Red Scourge

Damn, Mark.  That sucks.  Someone in a Facebook dirt bike group just posted a video of a FedEx driver pretending to deliver his new wheels, marking it as "no signature required" (when one was required), and walking off with said wheels.  Seems like a trend.
'76 Yamaha RD400C
'71 Kawasaki G3SS
'88 Honda CBR400RR
'90 Yamaha FZR400/600 hybrid

Yamaha 179

On 31 October FedEx delivered a parcel to our back door.  We weren't home and I believe he went into the back yard to turn around.  In doing so he ran over the septic tank for the shop, crushing the lid.  We didn't find this until 2 November because of the weather (cold and rainy).  We filed a report with the Sheriff's Office and with FedEx.  We were told we would be contacted by area management within 48 hours.  Never happened.  Called them again.  Same response.  Filed an on-line complaint and finally made contact with a human on 19 November.  On 23 November was called by a third party investigation service.  19 December that service said the local FedEx people interviewed the driver who denied turning around in our back yard.  The caller also said they asked for photo's of the tire treads on the truck he was driving to compare to the photo's I took.  Then yesterday we found a large envelope with a bracelet in it laying beside our mail box.  On it was a FedEx comment ship with a hand written note saying "Can't drive down the driveway." or words to that effect. 

We live in a rural area 45 miles south of Atlanta on ten acres of land.  Our driveway is over 400 feet long and is asphalt paved.  A couple days ago we watched as a UPS driver (happened to be a girl) turned her straight truck (about 20' long) up by our shop without
any trouble.  Drove on the pasture grass a bit, but no big deal.  Guess UPS has better drivers. 

FedEx sucks.  I'll bet I get nothing from them.
Lyn Garland
PS:  i apologize for the sexist comment and the rant. 

oxford

I don't understand how the tag with your name but the different address got there.  I don't think that is any of the drivers doing.  How close is that address to where it was supposed to go? (Not distance but street numbers/names)

sav0r

Something is fishy with that address. And it's probably not related to the driver. He probably had your place in his stops, check the package only to find it was addressed to your friends neighbor, and as a result didnt drop the package.

I had $800 worth of steppers and drivers get delivered to the wrong place, twice. Then it eventually ended up at the Pittsburgh hub where the shipper finally tracked them down. FedEx then called and told me to come get the box. Nice.

I ship all USPS, It's been good to me, but I understand why people use other services. They're service isn't any better than Fedex when shipping goes wrong though.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

m in sc

we are not a regular route stop. he brought it here, we weren't here, and he left. even the fedex  hub manager agrees, its the driver, tampering with the label there's no way he would have come out here then gone there.
fedex is now no longer allowed on the property, we cant trust their drivers. they did this to a set of stainless headers for my galaxie about year ago. we will pick them up at the local fedex store from here out.

Gil Gallad

if you think american courier companies are bad, you should live in england - not. hermes are the worst of the bunch. they leave you cards through the door saying they couldn't find your address - whaaaaaaaaat? they throw parcels over the back gate, but don't leave a card to say so. i had a small sandblast cabinet delivered, guess where it went? guess what damage it did when it hit the ground? they send you emails saying that your parcel has been delivered, when it hasn't. the list is endless and they are all as bad as each other. the small, independent companies with just one or two drivers? they are far better  ;D
cheers, gil.

Striker1423

All of my fedex stuff gets shipped to a store. I have a fedex account for my personal use and being able to redirect packages saves me from driving to the hub to sign for Yambits stuff lol.

RDFL

A few weeks ago those JR pipes I bought were delivered to a neighbor, luckily they brought it over. A few days later saw on a neighborhood forum several people had fedex deliver to wrong address the same day mine was and days before and after.

m in sc

Quote from: Gil Gallad on December 27, 2019, 04:36:33 PM
if you think american courier companies are bad, you should live in england - not. hermes are the worst of the bunch. they leave you cards through the door saying they couldn't find your address - whaaaaaaaaat? they throw parcels over the back gate, but don't leave a card to say so. i had a small sandblast cabinet delivered, guess where it went? guess what damage it did when it hit the ground? they send you emails saying that your parcel has been delivered, when it hasn't. the list is endless and they are all as bad as each other. the small, independent companies with just one or two drivers? they are far better  ;D
cheers, gil.
that's really terrible.

fedex went to shit when a lot of the drivers became 'independent contractor' type employees.  Hell, even amazon wont use them anymore.

rodneya

Fedex are well known for claiming that they could not deliver, ignoring you when you try to find where it is, and then auctioning the parcels off.
I wont buy anything anymore if Fedex is the only delivery option. Lots of other retailers that will offer UPS or USPS that is 100% better.

suey1958

I ordered some handlebars from a parts place in CA. in November.  Fedex picked up the same day. Tracking indicated it was floating around CA. for a couple of weeks. It took 21 days from CA to Upstate SC.   

scully

If you want your package and in good shape from any shipper.......overnight morning delivery lol pay the freaking money.... fedex ground isn't fedex lol contractor... thats life. fedex overnight guaranteed on time or it's free...... so good luck..........

scully

Quote from: rodneya on December 29, 2019, 02:03:45 AM
Fedex are well known for claiming that they could not deliver, ignoring you when you try to find where it is, and then auctioning the parcels off.
I wont buy anything anymore if Fedex is the only delivery option. Lots of other retailers that will offer UPS or USPS that is 100% better.

Who moves all the usps packages.....lol Fedex lol

m in sc

Why would i pay overnight from California on a used tail bag? So.. you're saying that the only way to get good service is to make sure they are held accountable by the USPS or pay overnight? that's flat out bullshit reasoning. I'll use USPS or UPS from here out because at least they seem to never fail on our end. To the point, they aren't even allowed on the property anymore. If what you said is true, that's even more reason NOT to use them. Keep in mind, this is a business, not a home delivery.  and YES, this routes driver IS indeed an independent contractor. (see link below)

http://www.fedex.com/us/indp/independentcontractors.html

they did fight in few regions about the -rights- of being contractors,but, indeed, they are in function at least in our area on this route. I know our (old) driver was.