Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Kicking myself for not keeping good records 84 RZ350

Started by Kawtriplefreak, December 08, 2022, 08:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kawtriplefreak

Thanks DJG
I have one on my other RZ. The error on the initial order for this one stems from my lack of record keeping resulting in me ordering an early R6 fan. I have a later year on the way and I just ordered a universal two wire off on switch from Cycle Gear.

Kawtriplefreak

2012 R6 fan arrived today. I put 12 volts to it and it works like a champ.  :metal:

I also verified it will fit into the space between the frame rails and clear everything. I will mount it with two Adel clamps like I did on the white RZ. The manual on/ off switch I ordered from Cycle Gear ($20 shipped) will be here in a few days.

m in sc

rodneya

can you measure how many amps that fan draws? I have a GSXR fan in my 421 that pulls over 6 amps and is quite heavy on the charging system.

kpke

I have never measured current draw on mine. If you look at the fuse block photo I posted earlier you will see I am running a 15 amp fuse. I have had that fan mounted on that bike for about eight years or so and never blown fuse. (Maybe it only needs a 10 amp fuse?) No problems with charging either running it full-time for about a one hour or so ride.
https://www.youtube.com/c/KensGarage1
Hord of RZ350's
RZV500 R6 Suspension and Bodywork
R1 LE #158