News:

Deals Gap 2024: Josh performing parking lot maintenance

Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Patriot racing expansion chambers - any good?

Started by rdsarefun, October 15, 2023, 12:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

i know mark morrow raced and won with jemcos on his rd for years.

also, im not a fan of stainless pipes, they are more prone to work hardening and cracking (at the mounts, etc) eventually vs mild steel. just my preference.

85RZwade

I saw these Jemcos at the One Moto show in Portland a couple of years ago; I think they're pretty sharp looking
I post waayyy too much

rdsarefun

I agree, I was thinking these may have been more conventional with a left and a right, not both exiting the bike on the right side.  These come in raw, polished or painted.  I had a set of JL stainless few years back and liked the look, was concerned with mild steel how these would patina as my current bike with DG's is black, not a fan of painted chambers so most likely will pursue raw or polished, just uncertain as to which one will hold up better

pdxjim

Mild steel holds up well with Mop&Glo or hi temp clear.

My TDR has seen a lot of rain here in Oregon, and the pipes still look good.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

gargantua350

I live around Anaheim and asked if Patriot can make pipes for my RD and I got the "go away kid you bother me" impression... :blah:

busa1300

I got a Jemco made up for my TM/TS400 project. Took about 8 weeks, looks pretty nice, but not necessarily inexpensive.

IMG_4841.jpeg
RZ350-RZV500R-TZR250RSP 3XV2
RGV250 VJ21 SP/VJ22 SP/VJ23 SP
RS250 for track - KD80 - JR50 for kids
https://youtube.com/@wedgehorsepower9869?feature=shared

rdsarefun

I take it that is the polished steel finish?  I have been looking at the "mop n glo" treatment for the raw steel or the polished, still on the fence regarding which path but all research I have conducted is that the quality of these pipes and "lead time" to order/receive/price seems very reasonable as compared to SpecII's or JL's.

rodneya

Quote from: busa1300 on October 21, 2023, 09:07:57 PMI got a Jemco made up for my TM/TS400 project. Took about 8 weeks, looks pretty nice, but not necessarily inexpensive.

IMG_4841.jpeg

Never seen a head pipe made that way with the straight section. I might try that for the next set of pipes I make.