Deals Gap 2024: Josh performing parking lot maintenance

Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Cush drives unobtainium

Started by Daytona Z, March 19, 2020, 05:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Z

So I do have  a 1979 Yamaha Daytona special as you might imagine. As with trying to source many parts for this resurection; many parts are either NOS, used or non existent. The curse of the one year only.  I have 2 sets of original mags were the cush drives look ok despite being 41 years old. The rubber seems be holding up well.  I wanted to replace them to be cautious but this is pretty much unobtanium. I will run them but does anyone have any input? Does anyone know of a source for NOS? Or is there another option? Otherwise I will be running these for many more years. Any imput is greatly appreciated.  Z

m in sc

arent they the same as the mag model xs400?

https://yambits.co.uk/xs400-sprocket-rear-damper-kit-pr-31545.html

if so, pretty sure john at economy can get them as well.  :twocents:

Daytona Z

I seen them but I dont know if they are the same size so I didn't pull the trigger.

Daytona Z

Economy said they had a source but needed to run a large order. Short answer was;no.

m in sc

same wheel. id be confident that the 400 ones will work.

Daytona Z

Hardy

Perhaps you can stretch your looking abroad? I live in AUS and my 1978e model has the same wheels(and foot rests o above the exhaust & factory electronic ignition). This model was available here from 78-80.

May help?

Daytona Z

Thanks Hardy but I did make a purchase last night. Gotta get my anti corona virus fun stuff.