News:

Neat little oddball bike, zero info.

Main Menu

RD350 power

Started by Cobraace2, December 31, 2019, 10:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobraace2

So back in the day we could get close to 50hp and still be somewhat streetable  8) what are you tuners getting now .

kar1zma

I would really to know too, though its a little difficult to answer that with so many combination of mods possible
your final number would depend on a lot of things. still if we could average it for the following

1- RD350 stock
2- RD350 stage 1
3- RD350 stage 2
4- RD350 stage x??
5- RD350 stage 2 long rod

SUPERTUNE

This info is hard to come by...
We don't have many engine builders here on the new site.

John Ritter is a member here, formerly of Proflo way back in the day, but is mostly retired and doesn't share much public info. I wish he would as he's really smart and VERY longtime RD engine builder who I admired growing up in the industry like Gary S.
Lyn Garland is a very knowledgeable with TZ and RD's  and is a member here and does share and help a lot, but keeps HP #'s to himself.
Scott Clough...haven't ever seen him here.
Ron Black from RB design's, is retired now, never seen him here.
Gary Shumake from Spec 2 is too busy making pipes for us to come here and his website is 30 years old. never see him here.
Roger has some experience with RD's from Wicked Motorsports, but is a Banshee guy. only posted on the old site a few times.
Tony Doukas from TDR also has some experience with RD's, but is a Banshee guy also. But does try and help when you contact him.
Nick Pastore from Vintage Smoke is just mostly selling parts and some simple machine work.
and lastly
Tom Turner the dragbike legend with his TSR DOS software. But is way long gone many, many years. like '06.

I'll try and keep updating my Dyno postings here...

http://www.2strokeworld.net/forum/index.php?topic=630.0

Chuck
RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com

Cobraace2

Quote from: SUPERTUNE on January 01, 2020, 10:57:05 AM

John Ritter is a member here, formerly of Proflo way back in the day, but is mostly retired and doesn't share much public info. I wish he would as he's really smart and VERY longtime RD engine builder who I admired growing up in the industry like Gary S.
Lyn Garland is a very knowledgeable with TZ and RD's  and is a member here and does share and help a lot, but keeps HP #'s to himself.
Gary Shumake from Spec 2 is too busy making pipes for us to come here and his website is 30 years old. never see him here.
Roger has some experience with RD's from Wicked Motorsports, but is a Banshee guy. only posted on the old site a few times.
Tony Doukas from TDR also has some experience with RD's, but is a Banshee guy also. But does try and help when you contact him.
Nick Pastore from Vintage Smoke is just mostly selling parts and some simple machine work.
and lastly
Tom Turner the dragbike legend with his TSR DOS software. But is way long gone many, many years. like '06.

Chuck

Thank you Chuck great info  :clap: I'm going to try and get a RD350 into the 60+ under a budget  :twocents:

teazer

52 from a very streetable RD350 with stock carbs and JL pipes and YZ85 reeds/cages.  There's more in there for sure. 

rodneya

Quote from: SUPERTUNE on January 01, 2020, 10:57:05 AM

and lastly

Chuck

Should probably add Garrett to the list.

SUPERTUNE

I have no doubt Garrett will be on the list. He's just starting to arrive at being able to.
Takes years and he has a great start. Hopefully he's able to get some packages together and find a place to run on the dyno.
C
RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com

Cobraace2

Quote from: SUPERTUNE on January 01, 2020, 01:54:26 PM
I have no doubt Garrett will be on the list. He's just starting to arrive at being able to.
Takes years and he has a great start. Hopefully he's able to get some packages together and find a place to run on the dyno.
C

Who is Garret

RDFL

Quote from: Cobraace2 on January 01, 2020, 04:22:56 PM
Quote from: SUPERTUNE on January 01, 2020, 01:54:26 PM
C

Who is Garret
http://www.2strokeworld.net/forum/index.php?board=25.0 --- GRA2STROKES

Organicjedi

Gary Braun from MN is another younger guy getting into the 2 stroke tuning game. I've heard good things about his Retrodyne chambers. I have no factual info on them though.