News:

Neat little oddball bike, zero info.

Main Menu

How to Route an Aftermarket Throttle Cable?? - RD 350

Started by MRDRcycle, October 18, 2019, 09:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRDRcycle

Does anyone know the best way to route an aftermarket throttle cable for brand new mikuni vm28's? I have a 1973 RD 350. :umm:

I bought the VM28 carbs and new throttle cable kit from economy cycle. I should have asked John about that before they closed....ugh.

m in sc

put your junction under the stock coil mount. come up over the lh frame tube, around the neck with a gentle arc to the throttle.  :twocents:

MRDRcycle

Like this? Do I wrap it around the far side or inside of the neck? Pardon my ignorance here :haw:

Also, should I zip tie the junction under the coil mount? Or does that hang free

m in sc

over the left upper frame tube. it will exit between the neck and the tank. (if its long enough) if you do support it with a zip tie, do so loosely so it can move, thats very important

MRDRcycle

Thanks man! I had the old one similarly, but this new one seemed a little too short. I think I finally got it figured out and carbs synced. I placed the junction under the coil mount and ran it through the opening of the frame and over the horn. From there, I went around the left side of the neck, then behind the head light and to the handlebar. Hopefully it works out well.