Deals Gap 2024: Josh performing parking lot maintenance

Next Year:  May 4-11th.  26th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

bearing race rotation

Started by elliottles1, April 29, 2024, 02:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

Quote from: RDnuTZ on April 30, 2024, 09:41:52 AMJ-B Weld Cold Weld formula?  Package says rated 5021 PSI, Fuel & Chemical resistant. I've had success with JB securing rear wheel bearings that fit too loose in the hub.

we did that to a very old CR500 once, it lasted like 3 years. still.. it did work.

elliottles1

i think i have sussed it, bearing in mind (no pun intended) that the race is a reasonable fit on the shaft (light tapping with a soft hammer will put it on).
i have managed to drill a 2mm hole into the flywheel in the corner up against the shaft, and then dremel a small slot into the inner race that will fit over a roll pin in the drilled hole.

no more rotation and the pin cannot come out while the bearing is in place. might help someone else out in a similar situation.

thanks for all suggestions.
cheers
les.

Yamanatic

Don't know what kind of bike - but do be careful with heroics; a seized crank bearing can destroy a case in short order. I would be hesitant to apply any 'soft' fixes that involved heat or chemicals. Many 2T cranks can have the outer flywheels replaced easily; a lot cheaper than fixing something like this:

Warren
Of Course It's Gonna Make Some Noise - There's GAS Exploding In There!

elliottles1

bike is a dt250mx.
i agree, but i dont think drilling slightly for a roll pin is a soft fix, replacement bearings for certain cranks have a drilling and a roll pin in the outer race, so its a variation of that really.

nasty mess of that crankcase - ouch!

les

m in sc

well, that will def fix it.